Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: ACI date set  (Read 15399 times)

dileigh

Re: ACI date set
« Reply #75 on: June 23, 2008, 11:03:40 PM »
So, any new DVD's for the CPM tour?

Offline Army John

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #76 on: June 25, 2008, 03:39:07 AM »
Nahhh, I think I'll figure out world peace.  ;D
L knee meniscal repair- 6/89
L knee scope- 11/95
L knee ACL reconstruction- 2/96
L knee scope (included a lateral release, cartilage biopsy, and the ever fun bone shaving)- 1/08
L knee ACI/TTO- 4/08
L knee scope/manipulation- 7/08

Offline slyguy1

• Regular Poster
« Reply #77 on: July 01, 2008, 04:27:50 AM »
Hey John,

Just read your posts here and have to say you are brave to endure all those surgeries on same knee? I only had one....microfraction and that was the hardest thing to endure. This November will be 3 years post-op and i still have good and bad days....feel better when i work out on elliptical. I remember during my PT i felt i wasn't getting anywhere and the PT was not paying much attention...so i stopped going and pushed myself to do the exercises and stretching everyday....i got better results than with them....anyway i hope your recent surgery is a success:)

Joe

Offline SamB

• Regular Poster
« Reply #78 on: July 01, 2008, 03:23:26 PM »
John - sorry to hear about the troubles you're having.  The thought of going through another surgery in the next couple months is daunting.  Good luck, hope it turns out well. 

I've been going through all the season's of the Soprano's while I've been in the CPM machine - if you haven't seen them, and decide world peace can wait until you're back on your feet, it's a good way to pass some time. :)  Not that you probably need my advice, I'm pretty new at this still.

Sam
11/20/2007 - Removal of loose bodies, debridement, Left knee
4/15/2008 - Cartilage biopsy for ACI
6/17/2008 - Left knee ACI

Offline zoeygrl

• Regular Poster
« Reply #79 on: July 02, 2008, 02:03:56 AM »
Good luck on Thursday John!  I'll be thinking of you!  I'm 3 months post op and at 113 degrees....little baby steps.....this is not a race I'm guessing......take care and keep us informed!

Zoeygrl
1989 first arthroscopic surgery to clean up knee
1992 2nd arthroscopic surgery for clean up of cartlidge flakes
1/24/08 harvesting of cells for carticel transplant
3/27/08 HTO and Carticel transplant

Offline Army John

• Regular Poster
« Reply #80 on: July 03, 2008, 02:01:20 AM »
Thanks everybody.  All systems are set for a "go" for tomorrow.  I picked up an ultraflex brace tonight.  It will continuously stretch me (flexion or extension) while I am in it.  It is spring loaded-- I am sure there is some technical term for it but I don't know what it is!

I look at this as a minor bump along the road.  But it's not lost on me it now takes 2 hands to show how many surgeries I have had on my left knee.  Awesome!!  ;)
L knee scope- 11/95
L knee scope (included a lateral release, cartilage biopsy, and the ever fun bone shaving)- 1/08
L knee ACI/TTO- 4/08

Offline Army John

• Regular Poster
« Reply #81 on: July 03, 2008, 10:43:50 PM »
Well, surgery complete and it went great.  ;D

The OS measured me at 70 degress at the start of surgery.  Went he went in, there was little scar tissue inside the joint.  He did look at the graft sites and said they looked great.  In fact, they are maturing faster than he typically sees.  I am 3 months post op from my ACI, but my graft is what he would expect to see at the 5 month mark, so that's good.

My scar tissue issues were located outside of the joint so he cleaned that up.  He then sutured me up to begin the manipulation; I went right to 135 degrees on the table, without any effort on his part.  He showed me my leg and my calf was touching the back of my quad.  Again, great news!

I am home now, in the CPM machine getting ready to solve world peace, and even with post op swelling (which isn't much) and post op pain, I am doing better in the CPM than I was yesterday.  So my spirits are high and I feel like I am back on track.  I am on convalescent leave, so I will ge to capitalize on the CPM machine.  At night I will wear the ultrafelx brace, allowing me to get stretched all night.  We'll see how that goes.

I hope everyone else is doing great.

John

L knee scope- 11/95
L knee ACI/TTO- 4/08

dileigh

« Reply #82 on: July 03, 2008, 11:20:11 PM »

Let us know when you get the world peace thing down so we can say we knew you when you collect that Nobel  ;D ;D ;D

Glad it's all working out well from the op.  I can't do 135 yet, but no one is worried with where I am.  Got to play with all the new stuff at PT today, so we'll see how it feels later.

Diana

Offline zoeygrl

• Regular Poster
« Reply #83 on: July 04, 2008, 04:35:59 PM »
Glad to hear your surgery went well!  Maybe that's just what you needed!  At 135 degrees you will have no problems!  I'm still hoping I can get there!    :D  Good luck with your recovery and let us know when you solve the world peace thing! 

Zoeygrl   
1989 first arthroscopic surgery to clean up knee
1992 2nd arthroscopic surgery for clean up of cartlidge flakes
1/24/08 harvesting of cells for carticel transplant
3/27/08 HTO and Carticel transplant

Offline Army John

• Regular Poster
« Reply #84 on: July 06, 2008, 07:03:50 PM »
The post op pain isn't so bad.  I can't attain 135 degrees off of the operating table because my quads are definitely tight, which is obviouly from months of not being able to stretch them!  However, I do have more range of motion even with the swelling and pain.  What's different today-- my knee doesn't just stop and lock.  The only thing holding me back from getting more ROM is my tight muscles.  I figure I'll be in good shape once the pain subsides.  I've been making new gains every day since Thursday. 

Oh yeah, world peace is coming along just fine.   ;D

L knee scope- 11/95
L knee ACI/TTO- 4/08

dileigh

« Reply #85 on: August 18, 2008, 11:25:15 PM »

Update please on both your progress and your attempt at solving world peace.  If that's not possible, maybe you could fix the gymnastics judging rules.   ;D

Diana