Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Pain at back of knee  (Read 1013 times)

Offline skilegs

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Pain at back of knee
« on: March 13, 2008, 06:11:33 PM »
Am getting intermittent pain - unable to do a full quad stretch - in back of my knee.   After I massage it a bit it goes away.  Any ideas if this is a piece of loose cartilege floating around.  If so any advice as I am off heliskiing next week.   Would a support help?  Joint feel stable and I have full ROM except when this happens - not really pain by my standards but discomfot.   Any ideas welcomed.

Offline eaglemom

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
Re: Pain at back of knee
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2008, 08:39:42 PM »
? for you.  Is the pain behind the knee OR the hamstring area on the outer part of the knee?

Offline skilegs

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2008, 08:34:59 PM »
Behind the knee definitely.  Comes and goes - really strange but think it may be a loose bit of cartilage floating around..............

Offline eaglemom

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2008, 11:10:40 PM »
Hummmmmmmm  I wouldn't know.  Could it possibly be a small bakers' cyst?  That would move around a little, so to speak.  Just another thought I had.  Those can be simply problematic then go away. 

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2008, 08:04:14 AM »
If you had a loose piece of cartilage that would give you more symptoms. Could be Baker's cyst. Sounds like some kind of swelling in back. I have problems with Baker's in my left and massage is helping.
If you have no locking symptoms and full ROM, I am sure you will be fine skiing. Though be sure to listen to your body and not overdo. A sleeve might help. If you are unsure check the knee out before skiing by an OS.
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.