Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: MRI Questions???  (Read 917 times)

Offline srjanes

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
MRI Questions???
« on: March 12, 2008, 11:32:39 PM »
Hi

I was just wondering if someone could help me interpret my MRI results.  Not even sure it is appropriate to ask.  I am not scheuled to see my OS until next Thursday.

INTERPRETATION:
The observable marrow spaces demonstrate evidence of right marrow reconversion within the diaphyses of the femur, tibia,and fibula.  No marrow edema is identified.  A small amount of fluid is present within the knee joint space.  There is also mild edema within Hoffa fat pad and a small amount of fluid within the pes anserinus bursa.  Mild focal prepatellar soft tissue is seen.

The cruciate and collateral ligaments, extensor mechanism and menisci are intact, however a note is made of a discoid lateral meniscus.  Mild fraying and fissuring of the articular cartilage is seen, being most pronounced at the patellar cartilage.  There is a slight lateral subluxation of the patella.  The observable musculature appears normal in bulk and signal.  Small marginal osteophytes are seenn of the femur.

IMPRESSION:
1. Mild osteoarthritis with mild chondromalacia of patella and lateral subluxation of the patella.  this latter finding may refrect a lateral patellar tracking abnormality.  Please correlate clinically.
2.  Discoid lateral meniscuc.  No meniscal tear seen.
3.  Small effusion.
4. Mild pes anserinus bursitis.

I never have had any problem with my knee until this last weekend.  I was bowling and when I released my ball I had this shocking pain in my knee.  I could not finish my game.  I have never felt any discomfort like this before.  I could barely walk, just kind of dragged my leg.

Any help would be great.