Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: New type of pain!!  (Read 1153 times)

Offline JoJodancer

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
New type of pain!!
« on: March 11, 2008, 03:32:53 PM »
Hey all,

Me again! I am now 19 days post op and have been doing well in the past week or so! Or so I thought! Started physio last week and have been vigilant doing exercises. However, something happened last night and I don't know whether to rest it or seek medical help. Ok.cut a long story short...long day for me yesterday ...can drive so was out and about...from noon til 5ish...came home elevated and iced and had dinner. Went to play pool last night (in pool league and hadnt played in 2 weeks). I knew I would be a little sore by doing so much and I do admit I had a few beers  ::)Anyhow, to the point, when I got home and got to bed I kinda fell onto bed weired landing on tummy(don't ask) and when I turned over I immediately felt pain shooting in the back of my knee and spent all night in pain...not in my knee but behind my knee...really bad. I wrapped my knee in my tensor and for the first time in 2 weeks took pain killers :(  I now find it hard to weight bear, bend my knee or extend...feels almost hamstring but it is directly behind knee and if I move it a certain way I get a shooting pain from behind my knee up my leg...crixkeey..should I be concerned? 
J

Offline maryc

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 18
Re: New type of pain!!
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2008, 05:12:08 PM »
I'm familiar with that sharp pain at the back of my knee - for me it started when I started early during rehab - my PT figured it out to be my hamstring and gave me some extra exercises.
If it still bothers you tomorrow I would phone OS or check with PT.
8/4/07 fell
8/5 diagnosed TPF
8/6 surgery plate and 6 screws
8/12 out of hospital NWM
8/21 staples removed
9/18 OS appt - WBAT with crutches
10/10 - WBAT with cane
10/27 - back to work w/cane
12/26 - no cane, slight limp when tired
1/25/08 - released from PT, no limp
2/3/09 - Released by OS

support