Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: microfraction  (Read 921 times)

Offline PTRAINER

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
microfraction
« on: March 09, 2008, 10:38:21 PM »
Can anyone out there help me? I had microfraction on left knee 8 weeks ago and am still NWB, and the OS says I have 6 weeks to go of NWB. This seems way to long. I am a trainer and cant afford to wait much longer, besides I am going insane, without any activity.  I have already had a shoulder replacement and this seems so much worse then that.  I would give up my handicap parking to be able to walk.  Thank for listening.  This is my first time using a chat room so I hope this works

Offline swayball

• Regular Poster
Re: microfraction
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2008, 12:28:17 AM »
I would listen to what they say even if it's tough. They tell you that for a reason - don't want to mess up the surgery because you put weight on it.

Offline Shaggy

• Regular Poster
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2008, 01:22:14 AM »
I agree.  I had an HTO 5 weeks ago and was NWB for 4 weeks.  Now I am PWB and I still hate it but I want it to heal correctly.  Talk to the OS and find out his/her reasons for your recovery plan.

Shaggy
12/89 R knee scope for lateral release & patella shaving.
06/07 R knee scope for meniscus repair & bone spur removal.
08/07 R knee fluid removal & cortisone injection.
09-12/07 - R knee unloader brace and PT.
01/08 R knee HTO.

Offline plantgeek58

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2008, 03:18:41 AM »
Hi,
That does seem an excessively long time. I've had microfracture twice on my right knee and was only NWB for 4 weeks. I do know that Dr. Stedman, the originator of the technique, advocated a long NWB period, but my OS said in his experience, there's no difference in the success rate whether you go 4 weeks or 14. I'd go back and talk to your OS again. Maybe he has a specific reason for wanting you to wait longer. I wouldn't go against his judgment without talking to him first.
Terre
RK 7/04 part. m. menisc., plica resect., MF
    3/05 part. m. menisc., open OATS
    1/07 part l. menisc., MF, patellar chondroplasty
    9/08 MF
LK 11/04 & 8/06 part m. menisc.
     7/07 LR, patellar tendon debrid., part m. menisc.

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2008, 05:52:31 AM »
I agree 14 weeks is long, but maybe the problems you had was in a area that needs a lot of time. Ask him more about what was done and why you need to be NWB so long. Educate yourself about your knee, then the rehab and everything else will be so much easier to understand.
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

support