Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Numb knee!?  (Read 701 times)

Offline p45

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Numb knee!?
« on: March 09, 2008, 02:53:15 PM »
Following a 1/2 marathon I had run back in November, I was diagnosed with patellar subluxation after coming down with a persistant case of medial knee pain.  I have been doing strength exercises RX by my physcial therapist with out any noticeable improvement.  Now I have a new problem.  If I apply pressure or if my pants simply touch the medial side of my knee (at the joint line) I get an intense "pins and needles" sensation on the left side of my knee.  This has led to a constant numbness on the lateral side of my knee that has been present for almost two weeks.  I am headed back to the Dr. next week, but just wanted to see if anyone has dealt with anything similar to this.

Offline headache

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: Numb knee!?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2008, 08:01:32 PM »
Hi

I have a tennis & golfers elbow (don't play either btw) and I get pins and needles in my little, ring and middle fingers. I think that for me it is inflamation and swelling inside the elbow joint which is irritating a nerve down toward my hand. Maybe one of the exercises has irritated your knee and the inflamation is pressing on a nerve.
Washout and debridement r knee