Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Partial Knee Replacement - advice needed  (Read 5678 times)

Offline dazlcm

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: Partial Knee Replacement - advice needed
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2008, 09:29:23 PM »
Well Hi everybody

Thanks for all the helpful posts, I am now 4 weeks post op and have to say it's the best thing I ever did.  I am from England so a lot of your terminoligy was a bit different to ours so that was a bit odd for me.  I have to say some of you were right, the 1st couple of days were hell, couldn't stop being sick with the Morphine on day after the op, every time they tried to get me out of bed I was sick (not a good sight), but once that passed, I was up and out of bed 24 hours after surgery.  I don't know if they put you to sleep in the US, but in the UK the tend to do it with a spinal injection and just sedation, so waking up in the middle of surgery was a bit odd, but don't really remember much which is probably a good thing.  I thin the key is without a doubt keeping on top of the pain medication and exercise.  I was a bit worried that me bend wasn't too good, the the PT was pleased this week as it had improved from 95 degrees to 103 degrees in a week, so fingers crossed it will keep inproving.  Can anybody kneel on there new knee or will I never be able to do that?

Thanks again

Lynne  :D

Offline rottenkid

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
Re: Partial Knee Replacement - advice needed
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2008, 11:42:31 PM »
Dazlcm,
 Kneeling for me has been a nightmare. I am able to kneel for about three minutes before I want to kill someone. However everything else is getting better and better everyday. I am six month post op, I have a six inch scar right along the joint and thats were the pain comes from. I was told that this should also get better with time. Flex was no problem for me I was at 145 degrees within two weeks. My problem was my quad didn't want to fire for about three weeks. Now I just get noise from it not much pain except when kneeling.
Good Luck
RoTTeN
Dec 4th 07 arthrosurface hemicap and polyurethane button LK
July 12th 07 arthroscope torn cartilage LK
feb 6th 07 3rd degree sprain MCL 2nd degree sprain ACL LK
Jan 87" bi-lateral release RK
Feb 86" arthroscope cartilage tear RK
Dec 85 'knee drained RK
Oct 85" knee draied
feb 85" arthroscope Rk