Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: TTT Revision & tibial osteotomy ...1 month post-op  (Read 2645 times)

Offline Sharon

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
TTT Revision & tibial osteotomy ...1 month post-op
« on: July 24, 2003, 10:02:23 PM »
Hi everyone,

Yesterday was the 1 month post-op mark since my TTT revision and tibial osteotomy. There are positives and negatives at this point. I guess the biggest positive is that I'm not really in too much pain-the pain under my kneecap is virtually gone. Another positive is that the x-rays show that there is no contact at all between my femur and patella.

Now to the negatives-I'm having a really hard time getting my quad strength and ROM back. Both were problems after my TTT last year so I had a feeling it would be similar this time around. Right now I can't do a SLR without having stim first and even then I need a little help from my PT to get my leg off of the table. My ROM is somewhere around 70 degrees and I know it should probably be more at this point. I'm starting to have the fear that I'll need a manipulation under anesthesia again which wasn't fun at all. I also have alot of pain to the touch at the osteotomy site. There's an obvious bump there because it is elevated so high and I can't stand for it to be touched at all. I'm just still holding the hope that all of this will get better with time though. I know that this surgery has a long recovery time but sometimes this is just really hard to deal with.

I've had a few down days lately because I still am not allowed to drive and have a hard time doing alot of things because I'm still toe-touch weightbearing and locked in this brace when I walk. Hopefully when I see my OS next Thursday he'll let me have more weightbearing and I'll be able to drive. So that's pretty much the update on how I'm doing right now. I was away visiting family for the past few days and haven't been to PT in a week so tomorrow I'll be going back to that and hopefully will start to see some improvement.

Sharon
« Last Edit: August 03, 2003, 03:39:02 AM by admin »
Left knee:
LR-5/99 & 9/01
Distal realignment and LR 7/02
TTT revision 6/03
screw removal/MUA 10/03
d/x with severe patella baja
7/05 patellar tendon replacement w/piece of quad tendon
4/07 OATS

Offline Cari

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Re: 1 month post-op
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2003, 01:14:05 AM »
Sharon,

The only thing I can help you with is the OSteotomy site.....you are ONLY 1 month post opand with mine I will say it was super super sensitive till about 3-4 months post-op. My bone cut was big to give me the very high elevation my os needed..I still have NO KNEE PAIN!

Good luck and hang in there !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cari
open lateral release 10/85, various scopes 1994-1998 for debridement, medial release 11/98,  TTT(Fulkerson)& lateral release 11/30/99, screw removal 6/27/00, tibial repair 2/13/01, dx RSD 6/25/01

Offline Marriah

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • I Love Le-Lu!
Re: 1 month post-op
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2003, 10:44:12 AM »
Hi Sharon, i too am post op, osteotomy, about 2 weeks.  I wont be able to start walking on it for 3 months.  How often do you go to therapy?  I guess you went back on the 25th, how did that go?

love, marriah

May 02 nondisplaced spiral fracture, rt leg, below knee,incompetant dr.,now I have a piece of bone sticking up at the top of tibia, scope Nov 02...July 10, 03 had osteotomy,a plate,6 screws,ACL recon

support