Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Worried, please help  (Read 1512 times)

Offline ek604

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Worried, please help
« on: February 25, 2008, 10:49:58 PM »
I had surgery done on dec.5 2007 for a partially torn quadricep tendon. after surgery i was put in an immobilizer for 6 weeks and i now have been off the immobilizer for about a month now. i jus went to checkup with my surgeon today and he told me it'll take about a full year to heal completely. i can walk up stairs relatively fine and do most things fine. i have about 100-110 degree ROM but today just then i got up from a table when i was eating lunch and i was not too sure but someone may have pushed me or tripped me or i jus lost balance i fell backwards and bent my leg past its range of motion. i was in alot of pain for about 2-3mins but afterwards i was able to walk and everything fine with the usual slight pain i awlasy had. I am very worried at this moment whether or not i may have re-torn the tendon where it was repaired. please what should i do i am very scared and worried ritght now
« Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 10:53:09 PM by ek604 »

Offline celinenj03

• SuperKNEEgeek
Re: Worried, please help
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008, 11:11:51 PM »
I'm sorry I don't know much about that kind of repair. Did it swell up? Doesn't sound like you did anything major. I think you would know best though as the patient. What do you think?
Terrible Triad - 1/16/06 - Basketball
3/15/06 - Scope/Cleanout of to achieve full ROM
5/3/06 - Surgery-ACL Reconstruction-Allograft
9/12/07 - Large Loose body removed;Grade 4 Lesion on LFC
9/17/08-Microfracture, Lateral Release (all right knee)

Offline ek604

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2008, 11:16:49 PM »
i dont think it swelled up at all or much since it is always slightly swollen after surgery and still has not completely cleared. and i do not know what to do i dont want to have to go through the horror of checking up and surgery again anyone with experience from this type of injury please tell me what you think

Offline Beda

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
    • Bedas Atelier
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2008, 02:53:46 AM »
hej! Doesnt sound as if youv'e done anything too bad - its bound to hurt a bit when youve had it forced artificially, youve not so long ago had surgery. Beleive me, if you had a tendon or muscle tear youd know it, and the pain wouldnt have gone over so quickly again, so dont worry too much. Of course, if it starts to hurt really a lot, then you need to go to the doc.
Greetings Beda
'79 trauma v.knee
'81surgery patella lux.
'84 osteochondritis dissecans
'86 osteotomy
until now 16 knee surgerys ink. 6 failed tkr. pretty much exhausted all areas and types of surgical proceedures for knees
all TKR's loosened & failed
2008 wait for Final arthrodesis
constant pain

Offline ek604

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2008, 03:06:57 AM »
hey thx that really cheered me up.. i just need some more reassurance that everything is fine.. im still having very scared thoughts that it may have somehwat torn again. and at the same time i was thinking maybe it was only pain from the adhesions being forced apart when it was forced past my original ROM. i can't stop thinking about this especially since i jus went to see the surgeon today n he told me it would take 1 year for a tendon to fully heal and that i should go slow n don't push it n then this happens.