Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Please help!! :)  (Read 928 times)

Offline linzturbo

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Please help!! :)
« on: February 23, 2008, 09:01:43 PM »
Hey everyone!

This is my first post!  I am posting with concern about my left knee.  I have had 2 surgeries on my right knee (ACL reconstruction/partially torn MCL, cartilage and meniscus tear), so I am pretty familiar with knee pain.  It took me about 2 months of an aching left knee to get me to see my dr. again.  I had gone skiing in mid-December.  I remember falling, but nothing that kept me down or anything.  I noticed that pain about a week later.  This is how I describe my pain...

There is a sharp pain (that I would describe to be deeply, in the center of the back of my knee).  I feel that when I stand up from a sitting position....becomes difficult to extend and walk.  It is also very painful if I kneel on it.  I have not really noticed a lot of swelling...maybe a little.  Otherwise...while walking on it...it feels decent.  It also begins to ache quite a bit at night...especially when I go to sleep.

I had an MRI yesterday...but you know how it is....my skin is crawling to figure out what is going on and if I have to mentally prepare myself for yet another surgery.  Does anyone have any thoughts on this???

Thanks in advance for your support!
« Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 03:54:25 PM by linzturbo »

Offline linzturbo

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: Please help!! :)
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2008, 10:49:24 PM »
Well...I found out that there is a problem with my articular cartilage and I will be having arthroscopic surgery in a couple of weeks.   :-[

Offline chaos

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2008, 11:08:41 PM »
im sorry to hear you do indeed need surgery.  the good news it is a scope and should be relatively (fingers crossed) to heal from.  hope all goes well.
beauty always comes from within.  the outside doesn't matter.

Offline linzturbo

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2008, 03:21:56 AM »
Thank you!!!! I really appreciate the encouragment  :D