Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: gettin a stryker navigation tkr at 24yr old (good x rays) 22 breaks 9 diff bones  (Read 1079 times)

Offline t boned

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
im 25 years old and due to a motorcycle accident im getting a knee tkr on march 24 at woodwinds hospitable in woodbury, MN performed by Dr. mark t. dahl. he told me that a stryker knee is what he will be using. he also said that due to my poor ligaments he will need to use some special one i think called a rotating platform knee to try and tighten it up. does anybody have any knowledge on this or any input. i suppose im just a little worried and looking for support or better ideas ???
« Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 10:46:05 AM by t boned »

Offline Plumb

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 6
Re: gettin a stryker navigation tkr
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2008, 12:38:03 PM »
Oh my.Gulp your knee xray photos show you have alot of trauma to your  legs.

I think they may mean computer assisted when they say navigation .. There is a stryker website.. .. and one of the long stemmed componets .  Since your knee is very  bionic man from the xrays.  I can only say ..trust your OS . Ask him alot of questions and keep us all posted on how things are going.

Offline rozzzie

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • smile:a little curve that strightens everythig out
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2008, 02:47:25 PM »
OMG  you have been through a lot! :o

Like Plumb said if you trust your OS , ask the questions, and go for it.  It's rough, but looks like you've been through rough already.

You may want to check out the TKR board down under the  Arthritis section,  There are a couple of threads about questions to ask.  They may help you develope your list.

Sending you BIG  HUGs!   ;D  ;D
Rozzzie
OA of knees since 85 
93 scrambled ankle - PE
98 PE
99 anlke fusion
04 hit by car broken leg, ribs AC joint seperation
RTKR  Dec 1 2005
LTKR. IM rod removal March 16, 2006

Offline tanyap

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2008, 10:08:58 AM »
hey t-boned,
been wondering how youve been doing. all i can say re those pics is : OUCH.

you have been through a LOT!!! you seriously are like the Bionic Man now!!!

I dont know anything about your stryker knee but just wanted to drop in and ask how you were doing otherwise? Your x-rays show an awful lot of repair work, whats the status of your other injuries besides your wrecked knee?

I hope you have been keeping as well as can be.
xx
tanya
1986 - recurrent dislocations of right patella began
1988 - Modified Hauser Procedure
1991 - dislocations started again
2005 to 2007 - 150 dislocations in 2 years - OUCH!!!
June 2007 - new OS, new physio
Oct 2007 - VMO woke up
Mar 2008 - big quads, still dislocating
Apr 2008 - next OS app

Offline t boned

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2008, 10:19:35 AM »
lifes alright, i actually just had surgery on jan. 28th and had the rod in my left tib removed and the plate on my knee removed, i also got a mid foot bone fusion to try and reform a arch to my destroyed foot. it was pretty painfull. its actually in a cast right now but it comes of on the 4th of march. cant wait! im sick of dealing with it in the shower. during my last surgery the preformed a artho scope of my knee and determined that a tkr was the best rout to take. pain sux but ive been dealing with it, plus they go me on some pills but i hate them because they make me tired and lazy plus they back up my insides. tried quiting completely but ive realized im dependent on the oxys, but the doc says we will deal with one thing at a time.

Offline t boned

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: gettin a stryker navigation tkr (good x rays) 22 breaks 9 diff bones
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2008, 10:43:50 AM »
heres some more current pics

Offline tanyap

• SuperKNEEgeek
Yikes - excellent pics though!!

im glad to hear that life is treating you ok despite the trials and tribulations of being put back together.

how is your leftleg doing now - is there any joint damage on it (besides the foot)?

youre probably gonne need the pills for a while yet but sounds like youre on the right track- thank god they can rebuild you.

what else does the future hold as far are surgeries go?
Oct 2007 - VMO woke up
Apr 2008 - next OS app

Offline Plumb

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 6
Don't worry about taking the medication.   Right now you have a huge leg/ foot trauma.   Once you are better you will wean off  and not need them.

kiddthekatt

Hi t bones;
    I don't know anything about the striker, I have heard that it's a real good unit, I have the Zimmer GenX. I feel for you. I had a motorcycle accident way back when I was 15. Was riding b***h with my cousin and a mountain road tried to take us out. I busted up my ankle and after several surgeries and a re-break, it was finally ok after 2 years. But to be honest with you, everything that I went through with the ankle, it was nothing like what I've gone through with the knee. Maybe I had youth on my side after the motorcycle accident, can't be sure, but geez, I've had it with this knee. Good luck with the upcoming surgery. A lot of prayers will be sent your way.

Take care;
Angel

Offline tanyap

• SuperKNEEgeek
hi tboned,
how have you been doing? whats the status of your injuries now?
xx
tanya
Oct 2007 - VMO woke up
Apr 2008 - next OS app