Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Scared, but want success  (Read 3478 times)

Offline Mandi

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Scared, but want success
« on: February 16, 2008, 04:04:55 AM »
   :-\  I am due to have ACL this coming Friday, and still need to say which graft to go for, Patellar or Hamstring. I have been researching but still have no solid answer yet-help! I need to read some good "Success stories". saying which graft you had. My doctor is giving no opinion either way.

Offline jcblank

• Regular Poster
Re: Scared, but want success
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2008, 05:34:13 AM »
When does your MD expect an answer?  If they use an allograft they cant just get them in 1 day to my knowledge.  I work in physical therapy and both have good outcomes.  My husband personally had an allograft done 5 years ago and is doing great-he works construction and has no problems.  They consilation to having allograft is that you only have to heal in one area where if you have the hamstring graft you will have to heal there and your acl.
1995 menisectomy
9/06 menisectomy with resultant blood clot
6/07 meniscal transplant with peroneal nerve damage
12/07 peroneal nerve decompression

Offline Mandi

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2008, 01:40:49 PM »
I'm not sure when Doc wants an answer but I would think Tuesday now at the latest. The thought of a piece of someone else in me, creeps me out, I agree with only the one scar though.
Anyone else?

Offline Mandi

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2008, 09:23:50 PM »
 :-\  Today the doctor's helper called, and we are going for the donor tissue. Any thoughts?