Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Mini Cycling Machines - Are there any good ones?  (Read 4076 times)

Offline blabramowitz

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
Mini Cycling Machines - Are there any good ones?
« on: February 15, 2008, 02:38:17 PM »
I have a recumbent bike at home which I like, but would like to have something I could use in my office to move my knee joints (mild OA, left knee about 4 month's post-arthroscopy for torm meniscus, still having pain and discomfort issues) and get a little cardiovascular benefit.  I've seen the mini cyclers/pedalers that you can use on the floor for legs or on table for arms.  My experience with the lightest, cheapest (metal tubes and pedals) is that these are useless. Am willing to spend more for a good substantial one that will stay in place on the floor (not inch away while in use) and preferably has some digital feedback on speed, est'd calories burned, etc. Attaining high resistence level is not a priority for me.  Any recommendations?  Warnings?  Also apparently there are 2 types - one moves on your own power, one seems to be self-powered but you have to move your legs to keep up with the movement of the pedals.  Advantages/disadvantages of the self-powered kind? 
-Barbara

support