Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: You Should be Pro at this - your on number 8  (Read 7472 times)

Offline celinenj03

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
Re: You Should be Pro at this - your on number 8
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2008, 08:38:04 PM »
Good job on the basket and winning the tickets! I feel for you. Well, you seem to have an OS who is at least staying the course with you. I feel like mine quit me saying anymore and I'll make it worse.
Terrible Triad - 1/16/06 - Basketball
3/15/06 - Scope/Cleanout of to achieve full ROM
5/3/06 - Surgery-ACL Reconstruction-Allograft
9/12/07 - Large Loose body removed;Grade 4 Lesion on LFC
9/17/08-Microfracture, Lateral Release (all right knee)

Offline Beda

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
    • Bedas Atelier
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2008, 03:06:09 AM »
you know, I've had 14 surgeries on my knee, and not finished yet. In the beginning I even had it from my dearest and nearest -'oh when are you going to stop haivng these surgeries..bl.. bl  ' as if its electable by choice. When you get the first op, then its just bad luck, but when it keeps ON and ON, jup!! Its a bummer. I stand to have my knee fused because I have had  5 TKR's and theyve all failed, they cant put anymore hardware in me and can do no other operations any more, the only option I have to get pain free now is to have my knee fused stiff and lose 5cm in length. Believe me it sucks, and if that doesnt work, well then its the unthinkable, which is amputation well above the knee. So hang on in there, dont let people mock you, I' sure your not doing it all by choice. Which kind a nutter does that??
Hope all goes well for you
Greetings Beda
'79 trauma v.knee
'81surgery patella lux.
'84 osteochondritis dissecans
'86 osteotomy
until now 16 knee surgerys ink. 6 failed tkr. pretty much exhausted all areas and types of surgical proceedures for knees
all TKR's loosened & failed
2008 wait for Final arthrodesis
constant pain

Offline Plumb

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 6
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2008, 03:29:01 AM »
Knee operations are not addictive.  And  I am sorry that people can not show empathy.   I had people call me gimpy and thought it was cute.  I wanted to tell them that I was loosing my mobility and never thought it was cute to call me gimpy.  Other people after the surgery realize how far I have come and tell me how great I am doing. 

I guess I just take my mobility very seriously and can't take a disabled joke. 

I had only two surgery's and even after those two I am surgery out.  I keep telling my OS I can't bear another surgery again.

Offline bdknee

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2008, 09:03:21 PM »
wow that is just sad!! I have had an OS say to me that it is all in my head.
I have had seven surgeries so I know exactly how you feel. I also have had people
be very rude and say dumb things to me. I have gotten to the point now that I
won't even tell anyone anymore that I hurt all most everyday and it isn't getting
better. Just don't want the flak of people thinking I am just faking it for the
sympathy vote.
Hang in there and keep your chin up. Heck just look at people and tell them you
would trade places with them any day of the week. Until they walk in "your shoes" for
a day they can't judge. 

Offline austinknee

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2008, 01:35:03 AM »
Not sure if any of you have read Fawns other posts on post op...but she had a fall about a week ago and got to the ER...now she had another operation..has external fixation devices on her leg and is a rehab facility for a MONTH.  Her post is on the other board..Im sure she can use all the support she can get. 
LR 11/2006
LR Reconstruction scheduled 2/08

Offline celinenj03

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2008, 03:22:55 PM »
Ah, I just read that! I'm so sorry to hear it! Fawn, we're rooting for you and praying for you. See you on the other board.
Terrible Triad - 1/16/06 - Basketball
3/15/06 - Scope/Cleanout of to achieve full ROM
5/3/06 - Surgery-ACL Reconstruction-Allograft
9/12/07 - Large Loose body removed;Grade 4 Lesion on LFC
9/17/08-Microfracture, Lateral Release (all right knee)

fawn2388

« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2008, 01:00:02 AM »
Thank GOD they let me out like 2 weeks earler... to my apartment... which is small and one floored... soo lol, I've been getting my boyfriend to get me everything... including taco bell haha.

kiddthekatt

« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2008, 01:09:37 AM »
Fawn;
    You have some rotten luck, but keep your head up, it's got to get better. I waited all week to see my new OS today, just to have to re-schedule due to heavy rain and possible flooding downtown Houston. I have a new appointment next Monday, hopefully the weather will give me a break, I need one at this point and I'm beginning to want to climb the walls. Take care of you.

Angel

fawn2388

« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2008, 11:58:21 PM »
Monday is number 10. This is so fustrating. I hate when people are like 'your dramatic' and stuff.

I would of never asked for this, but niether would I change a thing. It's made me a very humble person but also has made me be able relate to whole range of people. But I guess today is just one of those questioning days. I wonder why I had to take this fall, and why in the first place I have elher danos.

It's so fustrating, probably doesn't help I have an ear/thoart/sinus infection either. :( I just want this to be over with but I got about an other 6 weeks after surgery after 2 I can start PT again. Sorry for complaining its' just hard to get people to understand what it's like to have ALL this happen and I still need my left knee done. I feel like because of my high laxicity when one thing gets done I start an other, My hope is though with starting of swimming I may see myself get better, I'm also going to switch swimming with running, it's going to be hard to give up the love of it but I'm hoping it'll help my skiing.

Sorry to rant, just really fustrated.

Offline Beda

• SuperKNEEgeek
    • Bedas Atelier
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2008, 12:22:57 AM »
Are you hypermobile? A lot of people that ae hypermobile have real flexible joints and it gives them a lot of trouble, like OCD in the knees etc. I know you dont do surgery for fun, who ever thought of doing that, hang in there, there will be an end to it. I'm on nr. 15 now and not finished yet, so I know how you feel, plus I've been having some problems with ENT department with heavy nosebleeds that wont stop and I have to go to the ENT doc to have my nose cauterized! Ak! We've all got our portion of problems, dont think your the only one
Keep your chin up and take courage
Hope everything goes well for you Beda
'79 trauma v.knee
'81surgery patella lux.
'86 osteotomy
until now 16 knee surgerys ink. 6 failed tkr. pretty much exhausted all areas and types of surgical proceedures for knees
constant pain

fawn2388

« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2008, 03:28:20 AM »
I never thought I was the only one  :o I'm so fustrated with everything. I'm only 20 years old. Yes, I am hypermobile

Offline Beda

• SuperKNEEgeek
    • Bedas Atelier
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2008, 05:20:46 AM »
theres many on this web site that has had many ops like you and are feeling despondant, just go around the general section, or read more in spiritual help, and you will see that you not alone :)!! Look up now, dont get retrospective, it doesnt help, and try and find someone who you can sympathize with and write them a line or two, theres plenty of people who could do with your experiences, you can turn your experiences to something positiv, and try to help others through you knowledge of what has happened to you, I know theres many out there who would love to hear from you, especially as your experiences are from one whoes hypermobile. You have special needs, and require special treatments at times. Not everyone is hypermobile, so it would be good to hear the experiences from on who is.
Hope all goes well for you
Love Beda
'79 trauma v.knee
'81surgery patella lux.
'86 osteotomy
constant pain

Offline Plumb

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 6
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2008, 08:31:16 AM »
Wow Only 20 ..  I hate to say it but you are so strong to endure all this at such young age.  I read from your surgery tag line that you been fighting your battle for mobility from a very young age and to have the gift of compassion and understanding.  That is not such a bad thing.

So what are they doing Monday?  Is it same day surgery?   

Hang in there ..   when you are at your best.. who knows you might even go into the medical field.

Will be thinking of you as you go under the knife again.. Sorry to hear you have a cold.  Like you need one now on top of all this. 

You have every right to express your self .. too bad if someone deems it dramatic.  It is how you feel and how you want to express yourself at the moment.   GET all this stress that is building up in your system anyway that you can.. better than keeping it in..

Offline Beda

• SuperKNEEgeek
    • Bedas Atelier
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2008, 08:39:56 AM »
yes, youve really been through it - I sympathize with you. Mine sarted when I was 23 and has gone on since, I do hope for you that your upcoming surgery is a sucess and solves some of your problems, theres nothing worse than surgery after surgery and not getting anywhere, but have faith in your OS. He wouldnt do the surgery if he didnt think it would help you, hang in there, have faith
Love Beda
'79 trauma v.knee
'81surgery patella lux.
'86 osteotomy
constant pain

Offline austinknee

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2008, 03:05:16 PM »
Hang in their fawn.  Anyone who would say you are dramatic is really lame.  You GET to be as dramatic as you want when you are having so many sugeries........jerks!

Good luck tomorrow!!
Laura
LR 11/2006
LR Reconstruction scheduled 2/08

support