Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Knee hurts when extended...  (Read 1184 times)

Offline humble_sooner

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Knee hurts when extended...
« on: February 05, 2008, 06:20:50 PM »
Hi everyone. I stumbled across this web site looking for answers to my recent knee pain.

I was playing flag football last Saturday and I seemed to have hurt my knee. During a play I was sprinting and came to a fast stop to try and bat a ball down. Afterwards, I experienced pain in my knee when extending it.

I have no swelling and it seems to be getting better, but I just thought Id ask for advice before I try and start exercising again. I do not hear any popping (meniscus) either.

Does anyone have any idea of what I might have done? What type of care should I give my knee to help it get better?

dileigh

Re: Knee hurts when extended...
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2008, 11:24:05 PM »

Have you tried the RICE treatment yet?  Was there any popping or other noises when you injured it?

Diana

Offline humble_sooner

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: Knee hurts when extended...
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008, 03:47:15 PM »
The next day I did rest, iced three different times at 20 minutes a piece, and elevated, but I did not use compression.  I really was just icing just in case, because I really did not and still do not have any swelling. 

I did not have any popping or other noises.  I was reading on other sites and I thought maybe I've aggravated my fat pad?