Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Im back and sore !!!  (Read 1459 times)

Offline mummy24angels

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
Im back and sore !!!
« on: February 05, 2008, 10:17:44 AM »
 :'(
Hi everyone hope your all well apart from the dreaded knee problems lol ,Hi Nettan i hope your well , i had my op  8 days ago,i had a Discoid meniscus trimmed but they also found a tear ??? im still in alot of pain dispite icing ,resting ,elevating and plenty of pain killers any ideas would be great.I don't remember the burning hot pain last time just wondered if anyone else has had this???
Any ideas or tips would be appreciated,thankyou x x    ;)

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: Im back and sore !!!
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2008, 01:02:49 PM »
Hey and WB !!

Are you elevating above heart ? If not try that. Does the incisions look good..is your knee very swollen ?
I am awaiting 3rd op on this knee and have seen second opinion. No good at all.
But sometimes and some day the knee will be better.
Is the painkillers enough ? If not call your OS back or your GP.
I hopes the knee will calm down soon for you.
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline mummy24angels

• Regular Poster
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2008, 01:17:30 PM »
oops no i have not been elevating above the heart but will do now thanks. I can't see the incisions as there is three strips over them .... My knee is swollen but not huge,i assume just the normal amount of swelling its just when i attempt too walk it really really swells and i was sent home with no crutches  >:( and it almost feels like bone grinding on bone when i walk ??
Im sorry to hear about your knee but hope you will get some relief or result soon x x

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2008, 01:29:45 PM »
I am sure you will feel better when elevating above heart. That makes a big difference.
When swelling goes down and everything will adapt to the changes the bone to bone feeling will disappear. Muscles are wasting very fast. Are you doing any PT so far ?
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline mummy24angels

• Regular Poster
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2008, 01:34:25 PM »
No pt as of yet i have not had any contact with the hospital since they discharged me 8days ago.I will be happy for the pain and swelling to go,i still have my pt leaflet from my last op so i have been trying to do those.Im not sure if that is a good thing.Again i feel like i have been patched up and shipped out!!!

gigi67

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2008, 02:35:26 PM »
hey there. yeah ive had that burning pain with my last surgery too...the male nurse in recovery told me it was a severed nerve pain and that all the demoral and morphine he could give me wouldnt help nerve pain...even though he did have to max me out with both. he said when they cut thorugh nerves  sometimes that happens. Is not doing it now...im 4 wks post hardware removal today but didnt have meniscus repair may be thats just different b/c they are poking around inside the joint so maybe they poked and even severed nerves in there??? just a wild guess. my knee is also bone to bone kinda feeling...and sounds that way for sure...but im learning through otheres that seems to be pretty normal. anyway i hope you feel better real soon. after 4 wks i am starting to get some relief and a feeling like I can get out more and start with e exercise program again...today as a matter of fact Im gonna hit the pool again with my kick board and creep through the water ever so carefully. hang in there!

Offline mummy24angels

• Regular Poster
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2008, 02:46:40 PM »
Hi there gigi67,thankyou for your reply,i suppose it could be nerve damage i will ask the os at my appointment in six weeks time,you where lucky to get morphine i got given paracetamol !!! i spent the first night rocking just to relieve the pain,i don't think it really worked i just had to do something or i would of screamed all night  :'(. Thankyou for the info,its very much appreciated.
Im glad your are up and about,good for you,i make my son swim every week for his arthritis he may not feel like it but it works wonders for him.Have a good time at the pool. Take care.

Offline celinenj03

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2008, 03:14:27 PM »
How much meniscus did they take. I doubt it's really bone on bone. I think they would have given you some indication if that were the case. You feel all kinds of things with knee surgery. It will take a good 3 months, but you should be good as new soon, probably by summer! All the best,
Terrible Triad - 1/16/06 - Basketball
3/15/06 - Scope/Cleanout of to achieve full ROM
5/3/06 - Surgery-ACL Reconstruction-Allograft
9/12/07 - Large Loose body removed;Grade 4 Lesion on LFC
9/17/08-Microfracture, Lateral Release (all right knee)

Offline mummy24angels

• Regular Poster
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2008, 03:22:11 PM »
Hi,Im really not sure how much they have taken,i do know that a huge amount was taken back in july as i have seen the pictues and they were pretty gross !!! but im not sure what exactly what was taken this time ,the os had just said he was trimming the discoid meniscus to what it should look like in a normal person and there was also a tear,but to be honest it does not mean much to me.You are probably right it may feel bone on bone but it's highly unlikley.Im just feeling a bit sorry for myself at the moment  :(  .
Thankyou for your reply though.