Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: confused ?????  (Read 825 times)

Offline guppie1

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
confused ?????
« on: February 02, 2008, 10:21:24 AM »
 :-\ Hi Folks, I am such a newbie to the site but I have a small problem that is bugging me, so here it goes and I hope you can enlighten me.
I was running for a tube in central london and I had my hands in the pockets of my jumper under my jacket to prevent my mobile and wallet falling out when I tripped on the pavement and went right down. I fell on my left knee but I knew I didn't break it as I got up again and went on, you know how pride is, anyway it was 15 mins later when my knee was sore, I had a quick look and I had grazed the edge of the top right hand side and it was starting to bruise and when I was feeling around the front, the bit where pressure would be as if you were kneeling was tender and very sore, but it did not swell up which made me think I didn't do much damage, anyway that was 3 weeks later and I still find it slightly difficult to kneel plus when I feel the knee around the front it feels.... well sort of lumpy, its weird, I have been comp the two knees together and there is diffently a difference when you feel the two... a doctor did have a look a day after the accident but got me to bend it in diff directions..... is it something I should be concerned about ??? thanks....... linda

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: confused ?????
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2008, 02:35:35 PM »
Linda, did you have any x-rays taken at that time ?
Have you any difficulties in walking or is only the problem when you feel and touch the knee ?
I that on the surface or does that feel strange inside ?
If on surface you probably still have some soft tissue bruising. Have you tried to ice the area ?
You need a towel or something in between and then use a pack of peas or gelpack or something like that for 20 minutes.
Do that a couple of times per day and see what happens.
If you feel like the problem is deeper inside or you also have problems walking and weightbareing I would make an appointment and have the knee checked again.
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

support