Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Any ideas to specific knee pain?  (Read 707 times)

Offline shark81

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Any ideas to specific knee pain?
« on: February 01, 2008, 06:02:06 AM »
This injury likely started with overuse/imbalance from slalom waterskiing and the knee is above an ankle that was sprained 3x years ago. Was working on a car low down, in sqautting position. Next day, right knee was hurting and 6 months later isn't much better.

Specifically if I fully bend my knee (unladen that means I'm sitting on the floor), and apply pressure on my foot at the outside (push pinky toe inward to apply torque to joint) = fairly pain somewhere internally - hard to pinpoint.

If I do the opposite, push my big toe out, to apply torque = pain removed, feels good.

No real swelling. No meds. Have been on the bike to try to build it up. It's affecting my hockey game by making the whole leg feel weak.
47 y.o.
Thanks

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: Any ideas to specific knee pain?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2008, 06:08:09 AM »
Sounds like time to make a check up for this knee. As you have tried to build up muscles and nothing seems to give relief, could be something going on in there.
I would make an appointment with an OS(orthopedic surgeon) specialized on knees.
You are in a age that this could be all from wear and tear due to age but also a injury from overloading.
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

support