Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Meniscus tear???  (Read 908 times)

Offline UWWIND

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Meniscus tear???
« on: January 27, 2008, 07:41:06 PM »
I've been frustrated by my right knee for a month and a half.  I'm 22, male, and have had no previous problems with either of my knees.  I'll describe my symptoms and would love some input.

First of all, I don't know how or when it was injured, but after playing pick-up basketball one day the back of my knee was aching.  Over the next couple of weeks it felt pretty good while walking (a bit unstable maybe, but no pain.)  It only hurt when my knee was bent (while sitting) at a, roughly, 30 degree angle.  It was an achy but focused pain right in the center of the back of my knee.  I could extend it and flex it with no pain but at a certain spot in the range of motion.  Over time the pain would come at a different angle when my  knee was bent (20 degrees or so.)  The more I walked on it the more pain I had while walking, always along the joint, but consistently in the back portion of the joint.  I decided, at long last, to ice it and rest it for a while and it felt really good.  There was no pain even when my knee was flexed at any degree.  So I played another game of basketball and it became very achy, just like it did when sitting, but worse.  And now, recently I've had a shooting, sharp pain along the joint on the right side of my knee.  It's come when walking down a slope.  It goes away, but its been the most painful symptom yet. 

Offline dm

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 19
  • I hate my knee!! :(
Re: Meniscus tear???
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2008, 04:33:14 AM »
It might be a meniscus tear, but no one can say for sure. Best thing is to consult with a doctor about it, if it continues to recur.
multiple arthroscopies 2/00,3/01,6/01,1/03, 12/07,10/10. chondromalacia, severe medial joint space narrowing following 3 partial menisectomies, chronic pain problems, kneecap problems, OCD lesion, failed mfx.

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2008, 06:10:57 AM »
And you if you see a doc that should be an OS specialized on knees.
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline UWWIND

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2008, 04:49:25 PM »
Thanks guys, I've scheduled an app. tommorow at a Bone and Joint and I'll make sure an OS gets a look at it.