Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: new question  (Read 831 times)

Offline matty123

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
new question
« on: January 23, 2008, 09:30:55 AM »
hi im having a.c.i with an acl reconstruction.has anyone here had an a.c.i or an acl recon, or both together.id be very interested in anyones feelings.please post replys many thanks matt ;D

dileigh

Re: new question
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2008, 10:05:39 PM »
your best be may be to look under the arthritis section.  there is a whole room just for ACI and many seem to have more than one type of procedure.

Diana

Offline Army John

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
Re: new question
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2008, 02:55:53 AM »
I had an ACL reconstruction about 10 years ago.  Is it painful?  Yes.  Will the pain eventually go away? Yes.  That said, it's a long recovery because you have to protect the graft.  Personally, I feel that I got back to 90-100%.  The only activities I stopped doing was skiing and knee boarding.  But you may not give up anything.  I should also say that the ACL reconstruction was my third surgery so I won't blame just the ACL surgery for giving things up.

As long as you take the rehab seriously, you'll be fine.  If you rush it or stress the graft too quickly, you will probably pay for it in the long run. 

Best of luck!

John
L knee meniscal repair- 6/89
L knee scope- 11/95
L knee ACL reconstruction- 2/96
L knee scope (included a lateral release, cartilage biopsy, and the ever fun bone shaving)- 1/08
L knee ACI/TTO- 4/08
L knee scope/manipulation- 7/08