Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Advice on radiology report?  (Read 1063 times)

Offline aussiesam

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Advice on radiology report?
« on: January 22, 2008, 01:32:13 PM »
Hi,

I just got my results back from a CT Arthrogram I had done yesterday.

The findings were:

The medial meniscus is intact and no medial joint compartment chondrosis was seen.
Partial-thickness chondral dissures related to the medial patellar facet articular cartilage were demonstrated in association with medial plica.
The more inferior of the two plica shows some thickening suggesting impingement.
No lateral meniscus tear or lateral joint compartment pathology was seen.
No evidence of cruciate or collateral ligamentous pathology.

Conclusion: Medial plicae and minor chondrosis of the patellar articular cartilage have been documented.

I'm wondering if someone can make more sense of this for me and give me an insight as to what may become of these results?

Cheers.

Offline stgiles16

• SuperKNEEgeek
    • My photo album
Re: Advice on radiology report?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2008, 08:27:16 AM »
it says that you have a plica on the medial (inside) of the knee. a plica is a synovial growth that can get caught between the bones (impingement)
you also have mild damage to the medial (inside) back of your patella due to the plica being impinged during movement.

i have had 2 plica removal surgeries, can just be scoped out. if the damage to the patella is mild, chances are that the doc will either watch it to see if it gets worse or go in and trim any hanging bits. not a horrible report but not perfect either.
good luck
missy
2 ligament recons right ankle
2 arthroscopic,
5 open knee procedures
2 Plica removals
bone spur removal
2 microfractures
4 debridements
2 open LOAs all on left knee
Arthritis,both knees, ankles, shoulders, elbows, hands,spine
Fibromyalgia
Arthrofibrosis
LOA & PKR 2/15/06
RA
in pain mgmt
TKR JAN 2012

Offline aussiesam

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: Advice on radiology report?
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2008, 11:27:07 AM »
thanks mate. i should probably add that i injured my knee just over a month ago and that report was put together only two days ago (21st jan). the symptoms im having are just discomfort when i raise my knee to my chest (can't actually get it there) and when i put my left (injured) leg up over my right leg as you do when you put socks on. i can't lock my knee either and this is my biggest issue. there is zero discomfort when doing normal activities such as walking and climbing stairs.