Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Everything was going well so what's happened? fatpad?  (Read 836 times)

Offline Aff

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
Everything was going well so what's happened? fatpad?
« on: January 22, 2008, 01:51:04 PM »
post op chondroplasty and 2 x plica removal one and a half months on.  everything is going well, a few ups and downs but in general getting there with physio, even managed a slight jog recently.

my last physio was saturday and was fine.  rested sunday.

woke up monday with real pain in front of knee caps near the patella.

i have had a few clicking incidents where i've had some pain and it clicked and then was ok again.

this time however it hasn't worked.  it still clicks (usually in bed moving around) but no relief.

i heard the os mention fatpad inflammation the last time i saw him.  is this serious?  i don't even know what it is but know it's around the area i have pain at the moment.

i'm just concerned as i don't have any appointments coming up and this is the second day now and was due for physio tonight.

the legs still feel strong (vmo, etc) but the pain is quite acute when bending with weight on it.  but it's not so not noticeable when walking normally, actually it kind of wears off.

hmmm, any ideas?

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: Everything was going well so what's happened? fatpad?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2008, 03:44:45 PM »

A bit about the fat pad. Call back to your doc's office and tell the concerns and see what feed back you get.
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline Aff

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
Re: Everything was going well so what's happened? fatpad?
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2008, 02:28:39 PM »
didn't get the link nettan.

however last night after two days of ultra sharp pain, it's suddenly disappeared :o

it really was that sudden.  one minute i was at my desk straightening my leg constantly to 'check the pains still there' (ridiculous i know), then got home and got up and it had gone.  bizarre.

i'm off to see the physio today to see what she says.

support