Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Pain & swelling on inside of knee  (Read 1233 times)

Offline bjjudo

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Pain & swelling on inside of knee
« on: January 20, 2008, 07:25:45 PM »
Hi fellow sufferers, I have had knee problems off and on since the age of twenty one (45 now). At first it was just my left knee which would occasionally lock up and I felt dull pain just under my kneecap, this could last a day or go on for a week or so and then just go away. I had seen a doctor when leaving the army who said it was probably just wear and tear. This has continued over the years , I could be fine for three or four months then it could flare up again and last up to a week. However this last year or so I have also been getting pain and swelling on the inside of my left knee. Again this comes on without warning lasting up to a week, with the pain increasing and then easing off, it also feels hot. I went to my doctor who has referred me to see a physio without even looking at my knee. I do lead an active lifestyle but dont recall ever injuring this knee. I use R.I.C.E. whenever it flares up but dont think it really helps that much. Do you think I should ask to see another doctor? Or maybe try to get an xray or something ? Any help much appreciated.

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: Pain & swelling on inside of knee
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 05:58:45 AM »
Make an appointment with a OS (orthopedic surgeon) specialized on knees.
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline bjjudo

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2008, 04:26:27 PM »
Hi and thanks for your reply. Excuse my ignorance but how do you get to see an OS, do you need your doctor to refer you or do you contact your local hospital yourself. Thanks for any help.

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2008, 05:34:18 AM »
You probably need your local doctor's help to refer you. Make an appointment with your local doc..or first phone and ask.
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.