Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Knee damaged more, now what's wrong?  (Read 4587 times)

Offline dm

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 19
  • I hate my knee!! :(
Re: Knee damaged more, now what's wrong?
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2008, 04:10:40 AM »
I decided to not waste my time and change therapy places. I got bad "vibes" from the experience, and I think it's in my best interest to go somewhere where I will be treated as an individual, not in a "people-mill". I don't think the therapist could come up with a valid treatment plan when she didn't even ask me about my previous level of function, the damage the knee has, etc. I was totally aghast that they didn't - not the therapist or the assistant - ask me about pain levels, etc after they asked me to do some exercises that would knowingly annoy an already damaged kneecap. You work the quads, the kneecap's gonna get affected --- duh!! I am hurting worse now than I was this morning after I got home, and the knee's stiffened up/swelled more too. GRRRR..... >:( >:(

I've had therapy before on the knee, and on my hand, I have a reasonable expectation of what kind of service to expect, and this was so minimal that I can't excuse it, not if I want to get back to the things I want to do.

So, its back to the ice packs.... and to make some calls tomorrow and get my insurnance authorization transferred somewhere else. Since the approval was done, changing locations should only be a day or two's delay, I think, if that, as I have a direct contact within my insurance, not just the general customer service reps, which should help speed things along, especially as I've already called them.
multiple arthroscopies 2/00,3/01,6/01,1/03, 12/07,10/10. chondromalacia, severe medial joint space narrowing following 3 partial menisectomies, chronic pain problems, kneecap problems, OCD lesion, failed mfx.

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: Knee damaged more, now what's wrong?
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2008, 05:40:25 AM »
Good decision. :)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

support