Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Repair failed LR ... 5 weeks  (Read 2831 times)

Offline Riosilia

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
Repair failed LR ... 5 weeks
« on: July 16, 2003, 02:23:02 AM »
I had surgery (medial patellofemoral ligament and lateral retinaculum repair and chondroplasty) on June 12th (so I'm almost 5 weeks post op).  I just saw the doctor today and she told me I'm doing great... still way ahead of schedule.

The only hurdle I'm having is alot of hip pain (mostly medial and some posterior).  It turns out that after walking with the brace and now without it my gait is not normal and it has put a lot of straint into my hips.  So, now I have tendonitis in my hip.  My therapist changed some of the exercises I'm doing and added more pelvic/ stomach stuff and a stretch.  

~Riosilia
« Last Edit: August 03, 2003, 03:37:58 AM by admin »
98- first patelllar dislocation
99- LR + debridment
00- proximal (VMO advancement) + distal (TTT medialization) realignment
03- MPFL repair, lat retinaculum repair, patellar microfracture
09- Patellar osteochondral allograft + MPFL reconstruction
10- ant interval release + partial synovectomy

Offline Pat_A.E.

• Forum Faithful
  • User's Text
Re: Post op Hip Tendonitis
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2003, 01:06:24 AM »
My PT gave me stretches for hip pain and they worked wonders after a few days.  I do them now at least twice daily.  Hope they work as well for you.  For awhile the hip pain was more troubling then my knee!
9/25/02  shattered right patella,10/11/02 surgical repair .1/31/03 hardware removed. Currentley dealing with tendenosis. Spring 2004 almost 100% back!!!!

Offline Lizzie - UK

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Fibromyalgia diagnosed Dec 2003 - OA in both knees
    • E30 Zone
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2003, 02:23:49 AM »
Riosilia

How are you doing?  I hope that you are feeling less pain and that your rehab is going okay.

Your hip pain could also be from how your hip was placed during surgery!  The OS can be a little bit hard on us guys when we are under the anaesthetic.

I send you all my love and more, hugs, kisses, and healthy and positive vibes for a speedy and healthy recovery and rehab.

Lots of love
Lizzie xxx  :-* :-* :-*
Past History of L&R Knee
Bilateral OA
Medial Meniscal Tears
Lateral Releases & Medial Reefings
Ruptured LCL, MCL & PCL
Adhesions in the interconylar notch of ACL removed
Suprapatella plication
Debridements/Lavages
Deep chondral fissure in crest of patella
Awaiting MRI - LK
TKR - RK

Offline Riosilia

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2003, 09:09:54 AM »
Thank you for asking Lizzie but things are not any better.  

I'm still doing the exercises and stretching, as well as icing and massage.  Maybe I didn't notice this before, but I seem to be getting a lot more crepitus in my hip.  I don't know if this is just my tendon going over the tubercle or what.  I just went out and bought a box of dixie cups so I can start doing some ice massage.  Maybe this will help?!?!  

If this is from how I was placed during surgery, how long could it last?  I was awake (had a spinal) and it didn't seem like they where that brutal (I could kind of feel them pulling but no pain).  

Thank you for the toughtful email!  If you have any suggestions for me I would be more than happy to hear them.   Hope you have a great day:-)

Love,
        Riosilia

98- first patelllar dislocation
99- LR + debridment
00- proximal (VMO advancement) + distal (TTT medialization) realignment
03- MPFL repair, lat retinaculum repair, patellar microfracture
09- Patellar osteochondral allograft + MPFL reconstruction
10- ant interval release + partial synovectomy

support