Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: To Brace or Not to Brace  (Read 2910 times)

fawn2388

To Brace or Not to Brace
« on: January 12, 2008, 05:43:17 PM »
I've been hyper mobile my whole life... I've used a lot of taping and smaller bracing methonds... I'm getting tested for EDS or EBS I'm recieving surgery my right knee dislocations...

I have had l. knee dislocations also, should I recieve surgery or bracing, the knee is maltracking but bracing for life seems a little inconivent, any help?

Offline sarahh

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: To Brace or Not to Brace
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2008, 10:34:07 PM »
Hi Fawn This is a hard one sometimes for hypermobile/Hypermobility Syndrome patients like us surgery doesn't always work out but then bracing is not always helpful either. Good idea getting tested for EDS as this will help. It is important for the consultant to understand HMS/EDS as alot of health professionals do not understand or how to try and help us.

It would be up to you as to whether you brace it or have surgery. I hope this kinda makes sense. You could ask the consultant has he operated on someone with hms/eds and what are the outcomes whether it worked or failed.

Sarah x
Dyspraxia Diagonsed age 5, Hypermobility Sydrome Diagnosed December 1999, Unknown Auto-immune Diease September 2007