Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: micro surgery  (Read 1551 times)

Offline charlieb

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
micro surgery
« on: January 07, 2008, 07:01:41 PM »
Hi new to the site but desperate , had surgery on my knee 19.12.07, had micro fracture after a grade 4 tear.  I seem to be in alot of pain which is particulary bad when I straighten my knee , like a grinding and then a sharp pain, which has just started today , really worried as do not have another appointment with ortho doc until 1.2.08.  I ma currently non weight bearing for 6 weeks and the physio has told me to start straightening the knee, and has been ok until today. :'(

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: micro surgery
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2008, 07:36:06 PM »
On what part of the knee was the microfracture performed ?
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline dm

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 19
  • I hate my knee!! :(
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2008, 04:15:14 AM »
If it doesn't settle down in a couple days, call the doc's office, they may need you to come back in, or have some advice on what to do, if it's "normal" or something they need to look at sooner rather than later.
multiple arthroscopies 2/00,3/01,6/01,1/03, 12/07,10/10. chondromalacia, severe medial joint space narrowing following 3 partial menisectomies, chronic pain problems, kneecap problems, OCD lesion, failed mfx.

Offline stgiles16

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
    • My photo album
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2008, 09:21:49 AM »
did you have a CPM machine post op? is this the first time that you have straightened your knee since surgery? if it is the first time, you could be having pain as the movement smoothes over the microfracture making the area even so that your knee moves fluidly.
just a thought
missy
2 ligament recons right ankle
2 arthroscopic,
5 open knee procedures
2 Plica removals
bone spur removal
2 microfractures
4 debridements
2 open LOAs all on left knee
Arthritis,both knees, ankles, shoulders, elbows, hands,spine
Fibromyalgia