Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Need advice very badly...  (Read 1053 times)

Offline Laurencug

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Need advice very badly...
« on: January 03, 2008, 03:01:07 PM »
About two - three years ago I had a patella fracture in a car accident, I had 2 surgeries and lots of PT and was feeling much better but this has stopped. Over the past month I have been in excrutiating pain. I'm used to a dull pain, the stupid leg always kind of hurts, but this is really bad. It hurts to drive, sit, walk, everything. I'm only 26 and did everything the doc told me and still work out everyday on my leg with exercises. I have an appt with my surgeon on the 31st but I was wondering if anyone else has had similar issues or has any idea whats going on it feels like the thing is just breaking apart. Thanks!

Offline tanyap

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
Re: Need advice very badly...
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2008, 11:01:27 AM »
Hi,
Did you have any kind of injury or incident that has set off this new pain? Or has it just crept up on you?
You say you are still doing your exercises - is there any chance you are pushing too hard with the exercises or causing overuse issues?
tanya
1986 - recurrent dislocations of right patella began
1988 - Modified Hauser Procedure
1991 - dislocations started again
2005 to 2007 - 150 dislocations in 2 years - OUCH!!!
June 2007 - new OS, new physio
Oct 2007 - VMO woke up
Mar 2008 - big quads, still dislocating
Apr 2008 - next OS app

gigi67

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2008, 12:13:29 AM »
did u have hardware?  if not may just b wear n tear arthrtits. id go c doc again perhaps if keeps b n a prob. if hardware was used to repair mayu need it out. im having mine taken out in the morning as a matter of fact. my surg was may 07 n hardware causes me alot of pain...shoots down my leg. wakes me up at night, etc u can feel it poking and hear it popping. so if u hav hrdwr that may it 4 u. if not, go back to doc maybe he can give injections???

Offline fitnesskitty

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
  • "Nothing in this world worth having comes easy..."
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2008, 08:23:27 PM »
Hello,

Are there any visual changes in your knee?  Does your knee cap look normal to you?  I wouldn't think it would be able to break again without some sort or trauma, like a fall on it.  Perhaps gigi67 is right; could be arthritis and they can likely get you on pain management for that.  My friend was born with rheumatoid arthritis and she takes glucosamine and she says it does help her a lot.  I am sure that your doctor, or even a second opinion doctor, will be able to help you get to the root of the problem.  In the mean time, can you see your General Physician to get some good pain meds to help you cope till the end of the month?

Best of luck and hang in there!

Take care,

Sarah
Aug 17 07 Injured
Aug 23 07 Open surgeryOct 18 07 No progress made at PT for awhile - stuck 52/53 degrees
Oct 23 07 Saw OS, wants second opinion from partner-ROM stuck 30-35
Nov 1, LR, LOA, MUA
PT 2X/week now, was 3X
Jan 8: ROM 134
Rest In Peace, Lucky!  I love and miss you so much!!!!!!!!