Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: fulkerson osteotomy  (Read 1008 times)

Offline girlcop81

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
fulkerson osteotomy
« on: January 02, 2008, 03:07:29 PM »
im 35 year old female, police officer. on dec 4, 07 i had a fulkerson osto. done, i go to drs. tomm, my dissolvable stitches have not fallen out yet, and its been 4 weeks. can anyone tell me, whats next, and what i have to look forward to as far as recovery. doc says 6weeks before brace comes off and weight bearing. i cant take it anymore im loosing my mind, i just want to walk . my armpits are killing me from these crutches. thank god for my 12yr old daughter. :-[

Offline na06003

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
Re: fulkerson osteotomy
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2008, 03:30:42 PM »
Hang in there! I just had the Fulkerson last week so I'm not at the same stages as you, but I am already so frustrated! I can't do anything for myself and can't imagine being like this for the next six weeks... but just think, maybe six weeks we'll go by fast and we'll both be recovering quickly and soon enough be able to walk a bit! Don't give up! Just look forward to how much better your knee will be in the end of all this!!
March 2003- Fractured right patella; pins and lateral release
Dec 28 2007- Fulkerson osteotomy scheduled for left knee

Offline smkelly4kds

• Forum Faithful
  • Longing for a new knees!
    • Melissa's Blog
Re: fulkerson osteotomy
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2008, 07:30:49 PM »
I am having the same surgery on the 21 of Jan.  I too am not looking forward to the
not being able to walk.  Although I have been on crutches since Sept 1 due to pain and instability.  I only use the crutches out of my house but do not look forward to using the in my house!  Hang in there from everything I have read and been told the outcome far out weighs the time to recover.
Aug 2007 - dislocation Rt knee-PT no improvement
Jan 08 TTT (Fulkerson)  Rt knee
Scope 6/08 LT Knee- debridgement medial femoral condyle w/stedman picking, part. lateral menisectomy
July 22 started 1st round of synvisc heading for 5 total....so far working!
Still having pain w/TTT knee pain