Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: post arthroscopy therapy  (Read 1007 times)

Offline rohan

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
post arthroscopy therapy
« on: January 01, 2008, 11:51:38 AM »
hi...
i had an arthroscopy done in oct07...aftr which i continued with cycling..but i also made the mistake of lifting weights with freely hanging leg.(da ones we hv in gym)...da seeling around knee is gone ,but threre's swelling in place where instrument was inserted in knee..also my leg motion is very restricted & often i hear clicking noises while exercising...please suggest exercises to help me out

Offline caren

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
  • here we are together
Re: post arthroscopy therapy
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2008, 11:54:59 AM »
IMO you really should get it checked out to see why you are hearing clicking and the feeling is gone

that would probably ve your best bet

good luck and happy new year

caren
Caren

Offline kateplate

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
Re: post arthroscopy therapy
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2008, 04:36:50 PM »
Hi Rohan,

I've now had 3 arthroscopies and recovery time for each has really varied.  It's really good to go off and exercise, but ALWAYS check with the physio first!!

I also had trouble with clicking after my third op, and queried this with the OS. Verdict was a tendon snapping over the joint, and this is a common phenomena! Everything has settled down for me now and I'm sure it will for you, too.

Ultimately, listen to your body. It's bound to hurt on and off for the first 6 months, but anything 'really'  worrying should be investigated asap. Good luck and happy new year.
K
Dec '05 RK plm; Dec '06 RK plm&pmm; Sept '07 LK pmm. Jan '09 LK pmm and synovial joint repair / removal of fat pad.
March '09 insertion of spinal cord stimulator for permanent nerve damage in L leg.