Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Hoffers Syndrome  (Read 2369 times)

Offline Gateaux

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Hoffers Syndrome
« on: December 30, 2007, 05:25:09 PM »
I have had numerous problems with my left knee since the age of 13 (im 24 now) and following 3 operations and 2 MRI scans I was diagnonsed with Hoffers Syndrome (not sure about the spelling) about 4 years ago at which point I was told that there was nothing that could be done with it and it was just pain management. About 12 months ago I was told I also had Rheumatiod Arthritis in the same Knee and I am currently awaiting an appointment with the Rheumatologist (was informed 12 months ago this would take about 9 months to come through!).

Following a slip yesterday I am yet again in a position where weight bearing on my leg is very difficult tried all the normal RICE techniques and dosed up to my eyeballs in Nurofen with Codeine (which according to the Consultant are as good as any prescription anti inflammatory) but they are hardly touching the pain.

There appears to be very little known about Hoffers syndrome and was wondering if anyone else on here suffers from it and if they do what they do to control it.

Thanks

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: Hoffers Syndrome
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2007, 05:41:28 PM »
I do believe that you talk about Hoffa's syndrome...
http://www.sportsinjuryclinic.net/cybertherapist/front/knee/fat-pad-impingement.htm
Could that be right ?
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.