Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Got my 2nd opinion today!!!!!!  (Read 1053 times)

Offline jbksmomma

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
Got my 2nd opinion today!!!!!!
« on: December 28, 2007, 07:16:22 PM »
 :'(

Well I went to see my new OS today and he says I damaged my Cartlidge, adn something about degenative something another. I cant remember exactly what he said but he wants me to have another MRI and then if that comes back with nothing showing up then he wants to go in with a scope!! Im scared but I'm ready for the pain to be over!! I cant sit indian style or anything that has to do with bending my knees, it hurts like hell!!! What do they do for damaged cartlidge?? I had surgery on arthoscopic surgery on 6-07 they removed a cyst and I had a large tear in my medial meniscus and also some synovitis (sp). So whatever he finds I just hope he can fix it!!
WEll just got a call and I go on Dec 31st for another MRI!!! Ill post with results
« Last Edit: December 28, 2007, 08:21:55 PM by jbksmomma »
Cyst and 2 tears in meniscus 6/07
OS has no more ideas refered to Pain management 7/07

Offline Silkncardcrafts

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 6
Re: Got my 2nd opinion today!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2007, 09:39:20 AM »
Hi there,

Good to know they've pinpointed the problem. Hopefully the MRI will help. Your new OS is probably talking about degenerative change.

If you've got damaged cartilage they normally remove it or repair it if they can.

I read your summary and think that pain management is often a cop out. At one stage I was seeing a physio who thought that the answer was for me to go to a pain management clinic. My knee surgeon said it wasn't the answer as I had mechanical problems.

Good luck and let us know how you go !!!  :D
11/1996 - RK LR
07/1997 - LK LR
11/1998 - LK MPFL Reco
12/2005 - RK LR Repair
07/2006 - LK MPFL Repair
11/2006 - LK LR Repair
22/05/08 - LK Trochleoplasty
11/02/10 - RK Trochleoplasty
07/03/11 - RK Chrondroplasty

support