Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Never ending knee pain  (Read 1230 times)

Offline Mel53H

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Never ending knee pain
« on: December 27, 2007, 06:00:18 AM »
 I had surgery on a lateral meniscus tear just last May. Eight weeks post op I was still having alot of pain ,so the OS gave me a cortizone shot and that seemed to help. I was painfree from July to November when I started having pain again. I had an appt this last Friday and he gave me another cortizone shot and I thought I was good to go. Well, Sunday I turned just the wrong way and hurt a pop and I let out a scream. It hurt so bad! I went to the ER and all they did was give me a shot of Demoral and sent me home. I called my OS today and they cannot see me until Feb. 12th!! They did put me on a waiting list in case someone cancels. I asked the receptionist to put a note for the doctor to ask for another MRI. My knee does not seem to be getting better, in fact it is worse!

What is going on? I am so sick of being in pain. I am scared. HELP!

Offline GemmaLeigh

• Forum Faithful
  • suffering with my knee for 8 years. i'm only 20!!!
    • RoboLove Clothing
Re: Never ending knee pain
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2007, 07:40:00 PM »
Sorry that you are having such a hard time!

Unfortunately it seems to be the case everywhere that the waiting lists are ridiculous, I am having the same problem.

My advice until then is to rest your knee as much as possible. Don't twist your body when you turn, physically move your feet. It was by twisting round that i had my first dislocation and i am now awaiting surgery after many many more.

If the pain is very severe I would go to your GP and get something to help until you can be seen by your OS.

I hope that the pain subsides and you eventually find out what the problem is.

Have a happy and healthy new year.
1995 - first trip to the doctor with 'growing pains'
1998 - xrays show left patella is out of place
1999 - first dislocation
1999-2006 - Physio therapy every week
Jan2007 - Traumatic dislocation
feb 2007 - OS suggests surgery
Jan 2008 - date for surgery 30th jan

Offline Mel53H

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2007, 01:52:41 AM »
Thanks for your reply, GemmaLeigh. I have different things wrong with me, but knee pain by far hurts the worse. I worry that I won't be able to do what I normally do because of this knee.

Offline jan uk

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2007, 01:21:48 PM »
Hi there like yourself i have suffered never ending knee pain since my micro fracture op june 06 but have recently been diagnosed crps which can happen after surgery look up crps or rsd see if your symptoms match i wish you all the very best jan.
r/k patellar chrondroplasty,patellar debridement,lateral tear micro fracture.nerve problems l/k full dislocation lateral tear meniscus tear.twice.

support