Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: New to board looking for advice  (Read 1089 times)

Offline evereve2

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
New to board looking for advice
« on: December 27, 2007, 03:59:21 AM »
Hello,

I came to this board looking to find some info on a knee problem I have been having.  I'm 29 with no knee problems in the past.  Lately I wake up in the morning and when I try to bend my legs, my knees are in horrible pain.  I sleep on my stomach most of the morning so I am usually lying there in that position when I wake up.  It hurts so much to bend my knees.  It's usually not both at the same time.  They take turns.  Once I am able to bend my leg, the knees are ok the rest of the day.  I feel a faint pain when there is moiture in the air though.  That started a year or so ago.  I have had no injury to my knees so I am trying to figure out what could be going on.  Of course, I am already trying not to sleep on my stomach.  Any ideas what this pain is or why it's happening?  I can't go to a doctor since I am not covered so you are my only hope at the moment.  Thank you :)

Offline maryc

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 18
Re: New to board looking for advice
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2007, 04:39:34 AM »
There's really no way to tell what is happening to your knees without a complete examination by a Dr.  Many Dr's have payment plans or other financial options.  You really don't want to take any chances with your knees, how they work (or don't work) can really effect your quality of life.

That said, I think the first thing I would try is to change my sleep position.  Sorry I can't be more helpful.
8/4/07 fell
8/5 diagnosed TPF
8/6 surgery plate and 6 screws
8/12 out of hospital NWM
8/21 staples removed
9/18 OS appt - WBAT with crutches
10/10 - WBAT with cane
10/27 - back to work w/cane
12/26 - no cane, slight limp when tired
1/25/08 - released from PT, no limp
2/3/09 - Released by OS