Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: dynasplint  (Read 1713 times)

Offline casey2291

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
dynasplint
« on: December 24, 2007, 08:54:40 PM »
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone could tell me if they have had success with regaining ROM with the dynasplint.  I am 9 weeks post-op from ACI and HTO and I have only gained 5 degrees ROM in the past two and half weeks.  I am at 90 degrees active and 100 passive.  Today my PT mentioned that if things don't start to improve in the next couple of weeks, that he will talk to my OS to see if a dynasplint would be helpful.  If you used one of these, were you happy with the results and how much pain were you in when you used it?  Did you sleep in it or use it during the day time?  thanks!
LOA #2 and hardware removal 12/15/08-new cartilage from ACI looks "GOOD"
LOA on left knee 3/18/07
ACI and HTO on left knee 10/22/07
scope of right knee on 6/21/07
microfracture left knee 3/18/05

Offline jessie23

• Regular Poster
Re: dynasplint
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2007, 09:09:53 PM »
I used the dynasplit for about 5 months post op after a manipulation. I had ACLR in march 07 and ended up needing a manipulation in july 07. My OS wanted me using the dynasplit right after surgery.  I used it for both extension and flexion. I mainly used it for extension which was my biggest battle.  It did help tremendously with helping to regain ROM along with other pt. I was instucted to use it 3-4 times a day for 30 minutes.  I wasn't in to much pain using it, especially after the manipulation it was that bad.  They say instructed me that your pain level should be very low while using it. The one I had you were able to control how much pressure was being placed on the knee, so were able to control the pain with it. As you start to regain ROM you can adjust the pressure on it to a higher level. The thing I didnt like was I am pretty short so it fitting the lenght of my leg was a little uncomfortable. Your pt will mostly likey do measurements of your leg and they specially fit the dynasplit for you. Hope it helps  :)
Feb 9 2007 Tore acl and knee capsule skiing
March 22 2007 ACLR patella tendon and capsule repair
July 5 2007 MUA
Oct 2007 awaiting OS decision on drop out knee cast to regain 15 degrees loss of extentsion, about 130 degrees of flexion

Offline casey2291

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • User's Text
Re: dynasplint
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2007, 07:46:52 PM »
Hi,
thanks for the info.  I am worried that I am going to have to use one, but I am glad to hear that it was not that painful.  I will gladly use one if it helps me to regain my ROM and keeps me out of the OR. 
Casey
LOA #2 and hardware removal 12/15/08-new cartilage from ACI looks "GOOD"
LOA on left knee 3/18/07
ACI and HTO on left knee 10/22/07
scope of right knee on 6/21/07
microfracture left knee 3/18/05

support