Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: how long to recover from arthroscopy / meniscus repair?  (Read 1471 times)

Offline christinarina

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 1
how long to recover from arthroscopy / meniscus repair?
« on: December 22, 2007, 10:23:20 AM »
Hi Guys, had an ACLR recon just over a year ago and now got a date for a arthroscopy on on ther knee!  THink this will involve cartilage repair / clean-up as well. 

How long can I expect to be back at work and back to spinning / gym?  I'm getting married in the summer and want at least a couple of months in the gym at my pre-op level to get me in tip-top wedding dress condition, lol!

Any advice for re-hab as well?

Thanks

Christina
Ruptured ACL and torn meniscus
ACLR surgery 23 October 2006 (NHS)
Short distance along the road to recovery!

Offline jathib

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • ACL recon, lateral menisectomy, lateral PKR
Re: how long to recover from arthroscopy / meniscus repair?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2007, 01:07:07 PM »
All the answers depend on what the doctor finds when he gets in there and what kind of work he does to your knee. He is the best person to ask these questions. A scope with just some cleanup is a quick recovery. A scope with repair work could mean a very long recovery. If you have a timetable you need to discuss all this ahead of time.

Offline ATsoccergirl

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
  • Practice safe sports, use an athletic trainer
Re: how long to recover from arthroscopy / meniscus repair?
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2007, 07:36:43 PM »
Talk to your OS as the post operative protocol following a mensicus repair can vary widely between surgeons. 
1999 LR, 2002 ACL/PLC recon, reversal of LR, 2004 ACL revision, 2006 Car accident torn PCL and small fractures resulting in bone chips in my knee.  Torn MCL 3 times.  Wicked screws under IT band and Pes Anserine.  June 2008-Hip Arthroscopy.