Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Anyone really good at reading MRIs?  (Read 3238 times)

Offline riderdown

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
Anyone really good at reading MRIs?
« on: December 20, 2007, 07:44:37 PM »
I have my cd of the MRI, and I am hoping someone could look at it for me. I am scheduled for suregery the 3rd of Jan, but the back of my knee and to the outside is still totally hurting, and OS didn't say anything about laterals. MCL, ACL and meniscus, but nothing about the outside and back of my knee. This hurts like crap, and isn't getting better. The MCL feels like it is really on the way to healing already, and only hurts sometimes. The pain behind my knee is really achey, and the most bothersome of all.

Any thoughts?

Anyone willing to look if I can get them uploaded somewhere?

Is this one of those things I can talk to the OS about in pre-op, or should I call and discuss?
Every person is the creation of herself, the image of her own thinking and believing.

Oct '07:complete rupture of ACL, grade 3 MCL, and damage to Meniscus, deep bone bruising of the femur and tibia. Probable Labrum/Accetabular damage in Hip

Offline kathat

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
  • Aussie, Aussie, Aussie
Re: Anyone really good at reading MRIs?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2007, 01:00:34 AM »
Sorry, I can't read MRIs. I can only decipher the reports. Sometimes knee trauma can cause a build up of fluid in various parts of the knee, such as in a Baker's (or popliteal) cyst behind the knee. This may have happened with you. I had inexplicable pain and swelling there after my surgery, that my physio thought may have been a loose bit of cartilage in the joint, but we never got to the bottom of it and it disappeared over time. Sometimes pain can be referred elsewhere too. I get foot pain that is referred from my knee!  So it may just be from your injuries, even if it doesn't feel like it's in the right spot. Also, not everything shows up clearly on MRI, so there could be a problem there that hasn't been picked up. Put in a call to your OS and mention it. If he wants you to come in then he'll get you to make an appointment. If not, then at least you know he is aware of it - mention it again pre-op, just to ensure he remembers.

Good luck!

Kathy