Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Interesting article on HGH for knee cartilage regrowth  (Read 59912 times)

Offline rob8647932

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Left knee - 1997 debridement, 1999 trochlea paste graft / microfracture), 2002 IAGH injections, 2005 plica and synovium removal, 2009 Regenexx injections
Right knee - 1997 debridement, 2000 trochlea paste graft, 2004 IAGH injections, 2008 Regenexx injections

Offline brendanski

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: Interesting article on HGH for knee cartilage regrowth
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2007, 12:14:36 PM »
Hi Rob

Just read the summary on Dr Dunns experiment which is interesting. Did you have him inject the HGH into your knees? Has it worked for you ? If so, it seems strange that more of the medical profession has not taken much notice as degenerative joint disease affects millions of people.

Have you needed debridement of excess cartilage growth post injection ? There are mixed reports from my limited research on the subject and if the treatment is available it semms highly experimental at this stage. Do you know more about the backround of this treatment and if any , its success rates .

Im sure I am not the only one interested in why this treatment would go unnoticed if it was so effective.

Thanks for a response

Brendan

Offline rob8647932

• Regular Poster
  • User's Text
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2007, 01:04:23 PM »
I had this procedure by Dr. Dunn and it was successful. It grew cartilage back but not enough to do hard core sports. I can walk, swim  and bike a little. I am at a loss why it is not more in the public discussions?????? Check out www.regenexx.com.
Left knee - 1997 debridement, 1999 trochlea paste graft / microfracture), 2002 IAGH injections, 2005 plica and synovium removal, 2009 Regenexx injections
Right knee - 1997 debridement, 2000 trochlea paste graft, 2004 IAGH injections, 2008 Regenexx injections

Offline casey2291

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • User's Text
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2008, 05:45:27 PM »
Anyone else had this that can tell about their experience?  I checked out the website and it was interesting.  How much did you have to pay for the procedure?
LOA #2 and hardware removal 12/15/08-new cartilage from ACI looks "GOOD"
LOA on left knee 3/18/07
ACI and HTO on left knee 10/22/07
scope of right knee on 6/21/07
microfracture left knee 3/18/05

Offline rob8647932

• Regular Poster
  • User's Text
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2008, 09:58:07 PM »
Cost is ~ $400 per injection

Offline anitdua

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2008, 12:29:56 AM »
Hi Rob,

Thanks for the info, I would request follow up, is your knee better with long term follow up and are you able to do more active sports ? How many injections did you get, I understand it is an injection every month and some patients may need more than 10 injections. Going by Dr. Dunn's website, I understand that you have to be non-weight bearing for the period of treatment which if someone gets 6 injections could be 6 months ! Any side effects from the treatment

Thanks for your response

Offline rob8647932

• Regular Poster
  • User's Text
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2008, 07:32:39 PM »
You can call me to discuss.

Offline SuzieFrost

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2009, 01:15:39 AM »
I think I read that you had 30 injections each time...how big are the needles, and how much did they hurt?

Offline irentat

• Regular Poster
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2009, 04:20:00 AM »
I think I read that you had 30 injections each time...how big are the needles, and how much did they hurt?

Suzie,

Not sure where you read about 30 needles.  For knees, Dr. Dunn does up to 2 shots during a visit.  He numbs the area first so you don't feel it.  I had my ankles done by this procedure through Dr. Dunn and it worked phenomenally.  Ankles BTW are the hardest to get into.  Knees are a piece of cake.

Depending upon the condition of the joint, it can be anywhere from 2 to over 10 shots.  The reason this is only 85% successful (per Dr. Dunn) in the knee is because it is hard to take the load off of a knee for such an extended period of time while the cartilage grows back.  Please note, 85% is Dr. Dunn's number based on rigorous results analysis.  He is being fair to himself and the procedure.  I personally think that if we had all the time and money, eventually enough injections can be done to completely recover all of your original cartilage.  Why do I think this?  I had my ankle done and 7 injections later, i had close to all my cartilage gap back from a condition of 0 gap...actually dead bone.  What helped?  Ankle are easy to support (take the load off) with braces for periods of months.

Please note, we are looking too closely at this issue of cartilage and "injections in the joint".  Dr. Dunn is, without a doubt, the #1 leader in research on bringing back cartilage within a joint.  However, what he does not address is why the joint lost cartilage to being with.  This is why I took the role with my joints of "Complete Joint Regeneration" as compared to just cartilage rebuilding. 

If interested I will comment further but don't want to move away from the original post.

Thank you,
Ben

Offline irentat

• Regular Poster
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2011, 02:15:29 AM »
hgh is ONLY benificial in growth when used together with insuline and steroids. Definitely not something for beginners!!....

What kind of response is this?  We are not body builder we are joint builder.  Intra-articular is galaxy's away from intra-muscular (overall body) recomposition.  Think before writing.

Offline The KNEEguru

• Administrator
  • SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 96
  • The KNEEguru
    • The KNEEguru
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2011, 08:57:37 AM »
That is right - HGHDennis is on the wrong forum, I believe ....

KNEEguru
--
KNEEguru

Offline rob wilson

• Regular Poster
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2011, 05:09:29 PM »
Ben - I had a few questions re your treatment. I am sorry but I misplaced you phone numbner. Can you call me at 330-212-4101. Thanks

Rob
1997-Bilateral debridement
1999-Lt knee trochlea paste graft
2000-Rt knee trochlea paste graft
2000-Lt knee scar
2002-Lt knee ACI biopsy+plica
2002-Lt knee medial condyle abrasion+HGH
2002-Lt knee scar
2003-Rt knee trochlea abrasion+HGH
2005-Lt knee plica
2008 to present-Regenexx

Offline abrown

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2011, 02:28:52 AM »
Can  dr.Dunn  repair severe AVN in my left knee.  I can walk, but wouldn't try running.
Suzie,

Not sure where you read about 30 needles.  For knees, Dr. Dunn does up to 2 shots during a visit.  He numbs the area first so you don't feel it.  I had my ankles done by this procedure through Dr. Dunn and it worked phenomenally.  Ankles BTW are the hardest to get into.  Knees are a piece of cake.

Depending upon the condition of the joint, it can be anywhere from 2 to over 10 shots.  The reason this is only 85% successful (per Dr. Dunn) in the knee is because it is hard to take the load off of a knee for such an extended period of time while the cartilage grows back.  Please note, 85% is Dr. Dunn's number based on rigorous results analysis.  He is being fair to himself and the procedure.  I personally think that if we had all the time and money, eventually enough injections can be done to completely recover all of your original cartilage.  Why do I think this?  I had my ankle done and 7 injections later, i had close to all my cartilage gap back from a condition of 0 gap...actually dead bone.  What helped?  Ankle are easy to support (take the load off) with braces for periods of months.

Please note, we are looking too closely at this issue of cartilage and "injections in the joint".  Dr. Dunn is, without a doubt, the #1 leader in research on bringing back cartilage within a joint.  However, what he does not address is why the joint lost cartilage to being with.  This is why I took the role with my joints of "Complete Joint Regeneration" as compared to just cartilage rebuilding. 

If interested I will comment further but don't want to move away from the original post.

Thank you,
Ben

Offline Honeybunch

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2012, 04:52:11 AM »
I had HGH in my knee and it regrew my osteochondral lesions within 8 weeks. I was weight bearing, minimal for 2 weeks after them. It was cheap too, just paid for the HGH prescription. (well, as cheap as hgh is)

Offline garethday

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2012, 09:34:51 AM »
Honeybunch, i would love to hear more about your treatment and conditions, my email is garethday9[email protected]

Many thanks

support