Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Regenexx injections - Stem Cells  (Read 227493 times)

Offline rob wilson

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
Re: Regenexx injections - Stem Cells
« Reply #345 on: December 20, 2011, 08:52:54 PM »
Sturge08,

I am sorry to hear that you received no improvement. I know Regenexx SD is not very efficient versus the old Regenexx C that has been shut down by FDA. By efficient I mean that with 1 bone marrow extraction for Regenexx C, I received 8 separate stem cell injections. I can tell you that I needed them all to get the results I got for 2 body parts. Unfortunately this would mean 8 separate bone marrow extractions with the SD approach. Hopefully the FDA will come around. I still have cells in storage that I cannot get to.
1997-Bilateral debridement
1999-Lt knee trochlea paste graft
2000-Rt knee trochlea paste graft
2000-Lt knee scar
2002-Lt knee ACI biopsy+plica
2002-Lt knee medial condyle abrasion+HGH
2002-Lt knee scar
2003-Rt knee trochlea abrasion+HGH
2005-Lt knee plica
2008 to present-Regenexx

Offline Sturge08

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #346 on: December 21, 2011, 11:54:17 AM »
Hi Travis

The response from Regenexx was to wait a further 3 months, which I am doing. The options which I was given were to return for another similar -SD injection but this time have the stem cells injected using a new ankle injection device which ensures they get to the right place even better, or try a -C procedure. As Regenexx-C is way to expensive for me I only have -SD to choose from. I would like to see some released -SD data before I decide to return, so I can compare how other patients are doing – its been promised for some time now. And also I'd like to see a development of their current -SD procedure. If the cost of treatment wasn't a barrier I'd certainly give it another go without hestitation.

Offline ashok_guru

• Regular Poster
« Reply #347 on: December 21, 2011, 12:49:37 PM »
Its been just over 4 months after my first SD Injection for  my cartilage defect after a knee injury. I have to say my condition still persists. With physical therapy I thought this is working but unfortunately whatever relief that I got were just temporary. I still have swelling, pain and stiffness. May be I will have to wait till Regenexx-C becomes available in US. May be I will have to wait few more months and see if its working.
2009 - Partial Meniscetomy
2010 - Cartilage Debridement
2010 - 2011 - Prolotherapy, PRP, Bone Marrow Prolotherapy, Prolozone
2011 - Regenexx-PL, Regenexx SD and Regenexx-SCP
2012 - HGH Injections
2013 - Regenexx-PL, Regenexx SD, Regenexx-AD and Regenexx-SCP

Offline NickCat11

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 5
« Reply #348 on: December 21, 2011, 09:37:09 PM »
Ashok,

Just curious, but did you undergo any surgeries prior to your Regenexx procedure?

Offline ashok_guru

• Regular Poster
« Reply #349 on: December 21, 2011, 10:46:10 PM »
Hi Nick,

Please check my posting in the same thread, yes I had two surgeries prior to regenexx injection one for partial meniscetomy and other one for cartilage debridement.

http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=40048.msg556563#msg556563
2012 - HGH Injections

Offline Ivy973

• Regular Poster
« Reply #350 on: January 03, 2012, 11:26:52 PM »

I am very excited to learn that Regenxx clincs have opened up on the east and west coasts (CA and NYC).  But I have fond that even the same day procedure is more expensive than other practioners.  I would understand this if Regenexx results and safety standards were at higher levels than all others.  But it doesn't seem like this is the case...?  This statement does not say that Regenexx has the best results or effectiveness or health/safety criteria: 

Centeno-Schultz Clinic, the original stem cell based musculoskeletal practice in the U.S. and founders of the Regenexx Procedures. Their stem cell orthopedics experience is unrivaled and they are physician leaders in stem cell therapy for orthopedic injuries in terms of research presentations, publications, and academic achievements.

Curious -- has anyone tried prp or stem cell therapy at Regenexx as well as elsewhere and have you noticed a difference...? 

Pain onset: 2008
Pain areas: bilateral hips, knees, ankles, toes
Regenerative therapies: prolo, PRP, stem cells

Offline prefersdosequis

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #351 on: January 04, 2012, 07:35:38 PM »
Ashok, thank you for posting again. I re-read your detailed post regarding all the knee procedures you have had done, and find your experiences very informative. I am grieved to hear that you have not found any answers for your knee, and it does dampen my own outlook.

After hearing these less than stellar reviews for the SD procedure, I sure would like to hear from folks who were able to have the C procedure done and are a years removed from it. I know there were a couple of folks on this forum who had the C procedure done and were reporting positive results. It would be nice to get an update from them.

Offline NickCat11

• Regular Poster
« Reply #352 on: January 06, 2012, 02:31:43 AM »
Prefersdosequis,

I wouldn't let other individual cases where a certain procedure didn't work dampen your outlook. As you know every procedure has its share of failures depending on a number of factors. I also believe a high percentage of people who have success with stem cells and other procedures don't bother posting their results in forums, they just get back to their normal life like it was before injury. After extensive research for my own injury, I truly believe the next 5-10 years are going to be revolutionary for regenerative medicines and I truly hope guys like yourself, Ashok, and others can benefit because no one deserves to be struggling they way you are. Good luck to you...

Offline ashok_guru

• Regular Poster
« Reply #353 on: January 06, 2012, 05:23:12 PM »
Yes true, we have seen patients getting success with Regenexx-C, we haven't seen anybody people getting results with Regenexx-SD.
Spoke to few people who had Regenexx-SD whom I met at the clinic during my visit none of them had any relief.

As Rob mentioned

"I had to have 3-5 Regenexx C injections to get significant improvement in my arthritic knee. I was able to get at least 6 Regenexx C injections from 1 bone marrow extraction. Now that the Regenexx C is not allowed that many Regenexx SD injections would mean the same number of extractions. That could be difficult and expensive. 

Maybe you should just continue to inject as much regenerative stuff (HGH, PRP, testerone, stem cells) into that knee and hope. If you can afford it?"

"By efficient I mean that with 1 bone marrow extraction for Regenexx C, I received 8 separate stem cell injections. I can tell you that I needed them all to get the results I got for 2 body parts. Unfortunately this would mean 8 separate bone marrow extractions with the SD approach."
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 11:31:36 PM by ashok_guru »
2012 - HGH Injections

Offline slyguy1

• Regular Poster
« Reply #354 on: January 11, 2012, 01:40:44 AM »
Sorry to jump in here but did anyone see the segment on the 60 minutes show this past week about phony stem cell scams....believe several people were arrested after scamming 1.5 million dollars. It really makes you think after seeing stuff like that

Offline NickCat11

• Regular Poster
« Reply #355 on: January 11, 2012, 01:08:22 PM »
I think like in any new and upcoming field there are going to be frauds like this looking to take advantage of desperate people. Based on the current published research with stem cells in orthopedics, I really have no concern. It's a viable solution worth trying if your condition sees fit. It's a shame though because these frauds give a negative perception of stem cells which is publicized nationwide on the news, overlooking the fact that they do have a positive role in orthopedics if used correctly.

Offline catglass

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #356 on: January 11, 2012, 08:45:35 PM »
I, too, have been trying to get objective information on the Regenexx therapies being done in Colorado. If anyone has more information on any new studies that have been done, or why the FDA has (evidently) stopped them from doing some procedures, it would be appreciated.

I had a TKR about 18 months ago that has almost healed up now. My PT refers to me being on the "wrong end of the bell curve", but many of the problems I experienced could have been avoided with very simple precautions. If you are scheduled for a TKR, here are some ideas for your consideration:

1. Make sure that your body will accept dissolving stitches. Mine rejected them. Have a doctor give you a dissolving stitch beforehand to see  what happens. You will know within a few days if they don't agree with you.
2. Have a MRSA test done before going into surgery. This is a simple nasal swab that I thought was required for all surgery patients. And ask if there have been any recent MRSA outbreaks at your hospital.
3. Be prepared for when that nerve block wears off after surgery. Unless you have extremely high pain tolerance, call for more pain medication at the first twinge you feel.
I'm pretty sure the results were worth the sugery, but I won't be doing it again.

Offline slyguy1

• Regular Poster
« Reply #357 on: January 12, 2012, 03:11:45 AM »
hi catglass............just curious as to where you are in your progress.....are you pain free with the TKR? Are you limited in any way of doing certain activities? Thanks for sharing:)

Offline ashok_guru

• Regular Poster
« Reply #358 on: January 16, 2012, 04:08:46 PM »
I sent an email to Dr. Hanson updating my status and requesting his advice on what I should I do further with my knee he replied me stating the below

"Usually multiple SD will add onto one another, if you didn't get a lot of relief for SD, C is a better consideration. "

Now I dont know whether to go ahead for another SD injection or wait for Regenexx-C once it is available in US or go ahead and inject all the regenerative stuff  into my knee[PRP, Prolotherapy, Prolozone, Testosterone, HGH etc]  ???  ???
2012 - HGH Injections

Offline rob wilson

• Regular Poster
« Reply #359 on: January 16, 2012, 05:55:36 PM »
IMHO

The Regenexx C is superior to the SD. However, I am a firm beliver that any regenerative injections are good and cumulative. If I could afford it, I would inject anything and everything that could assist in the regeneration. Definitely try the HGH after the Regenexx.  Keep up the regenerative injections. Prolo, PRP, stem cells, ozone, HGH, etc. No cortisone. BE PERSISTENT AND CONSISTENT.
1997-Bilateral debridement
1999-Lt knee trochlea paste graft
2000-Rt knee trochlea paste graft
2000-Lt knee scar
2002-Lt knee ACI biopsy+plica
2002-Lt knee medial condyle abrasion+HGH
2002-Lt knee scar
2003-Rt knee trochlea abrasion+HGH
2005-Lt knee plica
2008 to present-Regenexx

support