Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Immobilizer & Comfort  (Read 7710 times)

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: Immobilizer & Comfort
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2005, 05:15:40 PM »
You haven't Shade !! I think you are a great girl helping so many out here !!
To Sally W., you can't always choose in life, sometimes whatever you do and even if you held your head up high you get striked again and again. Maybe then it isn't that easy to make best out of everyhting. This is a forum about knees and we pick what we like. The most important is though that we support each other.
I though would prefer make things easier if I can.

Nettan  8)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

shadehawk

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2005, 10:10:05 PM »
Nettan

You are a true friend and have helped me out along this knee journey.  Hopefully we shall all have good days ahead.......  Your help is much appreciated & will not be forgotten.....

Thank you,

Shade
« Last Edit: August 09, 2005, 10:44:21 PM by Shade »

Offline christinaz

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
  • hindsight is 20/20
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2005, 05:29:38 AM »
Does anyone have any suggestions for driving in your immobilizer?  I think I'm in mine for the long run and the steel bar sticking in the back of my thigh and trying to wedge my foot in to put my heel at the top of the gas pedal really stinks.  Right foot on the gas, left foot on the brake.  Thank goodness I don't have a stick shift!!!

Christina
3 scopes rt knee, acl recon pt graft rt knee,  rev acl recon allograft rt knee,  Hardware removal, lysis of scar tissue, ITBS, sublaxation, sensory peripheral neuropathy, DDD, arthritis, RSD, mystery hardware, flexion contracture, disuse atrophy, muscular wasting, constant fatigue, acl recon lt knee

Offline anasta5ia

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2005, 10:36:11 PM »
Careful with driving with an immobilizer on.  Most insurance companies will not cover you if you have an accident with any type of brace or cast on and also....the accident will automatically be considered to be your fault even if undoubtable someone else caused it just because you have some kind of a brace on. 

Just be extra careful!!!!

-Heather G.
Rt. knee-plica resection, LR, 4 TTTs, MPFL repair & 2 MPFL reconstructions
Lt. knee-2 TTTs, & 2 MPFL reconstructions...
Scheduled for bilateral hardware removal, lt. knee TT revision, MPFL recon and LR recon with new wonderful surgeon.
Plus 9 other orthopedic surgeries

support