Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: 30 month update PKR (new update after 4 years) see below  (Read 3491 times)

Offline UofRSpider

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 1
  • User's Text
30 month update PKR (new update after 4 years) see below
« on: November 26, 2007, 05:30:01 PM »
Hello all. Been a while since I posted and wanted to give an update. 
Since January 2007, I have had terrible pain from my medial spot (where my PKR is). I have seen several different OS and have conversly gotten several different opinions.  My OS who did the PKR thinks I have a neuroma rather than pre-mature loosening, and prescribed Neurontin for the possible nerve pain. 
After taking the Neurontin for 3 weeks I can honestly say I feel really well.  I have MUCH reduced pain and have since reduced my intake of pain medication(s).  I am hoping that continued use of this medicine will greatly reduce (or eliminate) my pain and allow me to totally get off opiods! 
2007 was a tough year because of pain, but maybe that light at the end of the tunnel is not a train after all!!!
Good luck to everyone with your surgeries and recoveries.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 02:03:51 PM by UofRSpider »
October 2004 - Microfracture
May 2005 - PKR
October 2006 - Lateral release

Offline DeborahinNC

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
Re: 30 month update PKR
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2007, 10:55:28 PM »
Hey you,

Glad to see that maybe, just maybe they can figure out what is causing some of your pain and get rid of it.  Yahoooo!!!!

I sent you an e-mail not too long ago.  I'm still not back at work but definately making progress.  I have about 128 degress flex (with some discomfort) but I can get there on my own.  I am hoping to get back in January and then as soon as I can I'll resign and go part-time and teach the rest of the time. 

How are things going with career stuff for you? 

I was thrilled to see the update though.  I've been wondering how you were.

Be well and e-mail when you can.

Deborah

Offline jathib

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • ACL recon, lateral menisectomy, lateral PKR
Re: 30 month update PKR
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2007, 12:02:57 AM »
Glad you are doing better. I'm one year post-op PKR and my knee feels great. Neuromas are a bugger. I've had three of them removed from my ankle which were caused by surgeries. Hopefully the one I had recently will be the last.

Offline UofRSpider

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 1
  • User's Text
4 year update PKR
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2009, 01:59:27 PM »
Wow it's been quite a while since I posted any updates. Just wanted to let everyone know how my knee is doing.

History: PKR - medial - in May 2005. Chronic pain ever since.

After struggling with constant pain from my medial side (and constant pain meds) I found a local pain management doctor that has had great success in dealing with a neuroma (consensus was that I had a nerve issue in my knee).  After an injection (Feb 2009) into the spot where the pain was, I have had no more pain...incredible. The doctor claims he killed the nerve.  I still deal with arthritis pain and some overuse pain, but nothing compared to what I dealt with for over 3 years. And....I am pain medicine free!!

So...in a nutshell, my knee is doing very well and I hope to get many more years of service from it.

Hope all is well!
October 2004 - Microfracture
May 2005 - PKR
October 2006 - Lateral release

Offline TooYoungForThis1

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: 30 month update PKR (new update after 4 years) see below
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2020, 10:01:49 PM »
UofRSpider - Thanks for this update. Who was your doctor that fixed your neuroma pain, and what was in the injection?

support