Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: very important question..PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!  (Read 2523 times)

Offline slic2121

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
very important question..PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!
« on: November 20, 2007, 02:41:25 PM »
I am a Brazillian Jiu Jitsu instructor, so my knees are under constant strain...i was also a catcher in baseball for 20 years...what started as a once every 6 months to a year problem, has turned into an every-time-i-train problem.  when my legs are bent "indian style" either one or the other...(inward) with the outside ankle bone touching the floor...i notice..onyl when my knees are bent that t hey leterally feel like they disclocate or sublux under minimal pressure....i have to straighten my leg, and what follows is a re-alignment and a "thud" sound.  i immediately regain feeling in the lower part of my leg with a constant ache in the joint. ...i wen tto the Dr, and he gave me an ACL test and said that it was loose and it wasnt suppsoed to make the noise it was making...but he doesnt know whether its due to my hypermobility or an injury...he thinks i may have Ehlers-Danlos syndrome..a mild form anyway...and idea what this could be....?

Offline sarahh

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: very important question..PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2007, 08:01:41 PM »
Hi I am new here. It maybe worth seeing if you can get a diagonsis for EDs. It does sound like a bit like Hypermobility syndrome cause of saying it feels like it subluxes or disclocates and under mimimal pressure aswell. Is it possible to get a refferal to a rheuematologist who understands hms/eds? I HAVE hms aswell and see a rhuemy who understands about hms.

I hope this helps

Sarah x
Dyspraxia Diagonsed age 5, Hypermobility Sydrome Diagnosed December 1999, Unknown Auto-immune Diease September 2007