Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Doctor Hunt? Doctor Tria?  (Read 1250 times)

Offline EricIsDesperate

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Doctor Hunt? Doctor Tria?
« on: November 19, 2007, 03:47:40 PM »
I only have a minute to write this, but I need some input... you can read my old posts to get a background... but, I had surgery (bilateral arthroscopy) in Dec 2006 and they removed my plica and smoothed down the undersurface of the patella.  My left knee is "ok" and I will manage... the right knee is SO much worse; 1 year later.  I have tried all, PT, stretching, strengthening, etc.  Even attempted orthovisc injections (3 injections) and acupuncture (which HURT and I think made worse to be honest).
My right knee clicks on the upper lateral part where the patella rubs the thigh bone (almost where the IT band runs by)... I will not go back to my old doctor because 1) I believe he truly messed up and 2) His only answer is "give it more time"... however after 1 year, I think it is enough. 
I am looking for a new doctor and between two who I know are both pretty good... how do I decide which one to go to?  My choices are Dr. Stephen Hunt (I believe he worked at Vail for a short time) and Dr. Alfred Tria (who is supposedly a top surgeon too).  Has anyone had good or bad experiences with either of these?  I am in the NY metro area and both these doctors are in NJ, but willing to travel if they are good. 
Any help is good... I am truly desperate since I am 25 years old and constantly in pain

Offline caren

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
  • here we are together
Re: Doctor Hunt? Doctor Tria?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 06:13:25 PM »
Eric sorry no input on your drs but you can go to www.rankmymd.com and see what others you can find

that are closer to you

good luck and let us know how you are doing

hugs to you

caren
Caren

Offline KRNeville

• Regular Poster
    • Kimberly Neville - Graphic Artist (view in 1024x768 & IE)
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2007, 09:58:20 PM »
I can't give you help on those doctors ..but I can say .. keep looking.

I had bi-lateral TKR done just over 13 months ago and am in constand pain too .. I also could not go back to my surgeon. I came here and got encouragement to keep trying and I finally got to see a good doctor last friday.

I wish you the best of luck

~Kimberly
18 years - 7 surgeries and 2 manipulations.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
4 scopes to right knee
1 scope to left knee
Bi-Lateral TKRs in Sept of 2006
Bi-Lateral MUA in Feb of 2007
Pending Revision of Both Knees

Offline EricIsDesperate

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2007, 02:53:27 AM »
the rankmymd.com website did not work... do you know of other websites?

Offline jathib

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • ACL recon, lateral menisectomy, lateral PKR
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2007, 11:53:41 AM »
the rankmymd.com website did not work... do you know of other websites?

The website is www.ratemds.com.

Also Dr. Ira Kirschenbaum, who has a blog on WedMD, is in White Plains, NY. You can see his website at www.walkandmove.com