Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: can someone please help me  (Read 7268 times)

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: can someone please help me
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2008, 06:58:37 PM »
Hopefully that will be worth the wait.
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline helsbels

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2008, 06:00:34 PM »
had appt at 10.20 this morning with new os and didnt get out till bout 12ish although was with doc for bout 10 mins if that

but..................

.........its WICKED NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the new doc took a look at my knee did few prods (which hurt like hell) and moving leg around then he  sat down and looked at my pics of the knee. then he said :

i have a lump the size of an almond in the front of my knee which is (now i aint completly sure now what he said but something like - tissue narcosis. he defo said narcosis but cant for the life of me remeber the first bit. but what he said was because i had such a huge trama to the knee when i fell on it the tissue that surrounds the knee to protect it (fat pad i think) got squashed as such by the fall as it wasdirect onto that part and so the tissue has died and so it causing me problems.

so he is going back into it, fully opening knee, to remove this lump and he also said whilst he is in it he is going to shave the knee cap (i think thats what he is shaving, i can hardly remeber what he said now as i was just so happy that he is doing summut i think i went into my own world lol. my fella told me what he said but he isnt 100% exactly what he said now as he was same as me lol)

but i am so so so happy that he is doing something about it.
he said i will be in huge amounts of pain for at least 6 weeks after the operation and may not all work but i dont care as long as he is trying to fix it.

i didnt like him to much.
1. he looked like a professor which the glasses and beard an all lol not that thats a bad thinig just made me laugh BUT
2. the main reason i dont realy like him was because of the way he was with me. he didnt seem to want to listen to me when i was telling him my problems and symptoms and he didnt even believe me when i said that i put my knee through a kitchen floor tile and completly smashed it. but he believed greg when he said again to him for the doc to go your joking and gregs like no i wouldnt joke bout something like that. then he believed me.
but i suppose by the time i was trying to explain what i am feeling and what it does e.g the locking/cracking and crunching and bruises etc etc he had already decided on what he was doing so i suppose he just thinks he'l look when in the knee.

but im just so bloody happy that somebody finnalyy agrees there is summut wrong.

it did seem strange tho as before he said bout the op he asked me how much did i want to go back to work and i said a hell of a lot. and then he said are you desperate to get back to vet nurseing and i said i am desperate to get back to it as it is my life long dream to do that job. thats when he said bout the op  but he did say theres no garentees but i suppose nothing is 100%.

he said i just have to wait for letter with date etc and can take up to 6months but im happy to wait just because he is doing something!
fell on knee aug 04
op jul 05 + physio
4 mri's between 05 + 07
5 steroid inj between 05 + 06
mri arthrogram 19th nov 07 - normal
3rd opinion os appt -aprl 11th 08
op jun 09
os discharged me aug 09!
physio 09-present
pain doc sendin me to pain management course-if get into it '2010
STILL CANT WALK!!!

Offline helsbels

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2008, 06:38:08 PM »
after trying to find info on narcosis i think it may be something necrosis instead but i will keep looking as i desperatly want to know more about what he is doing it just i cant remeber what he actually said

was defo necrosis or narcosis at the end and it is to do with the dead tissue at front of knee in middle.

any ideas would be helpful
fell on knee aug 04
op jul 05 + physio
4 mri's between 05 + 07
5 steroid inj between 05 + 06
mri arthrogram 19th nov 07 - normal
3rd opinion os appt -aprl 11th 08
op jun 09
os discharged me aug 09!
physio 09-present
pain doc sendin me to pain management course-if get into it '2010
STILL CANT WALK!!!