Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Proline braces  (Read 1889 times)

Offline paul_danson

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • Oooh Crikey Chief!
Proline braces
« on: July 18, 2002, 03:42:45 PM »
I've got to recommend these guys. Not just for the braces, but for their outstanding customer care :)
They phoned me within an hour of placing an online order to let me know about some changes thay had made to the brace, and got it to me next day - despite ordering mid-afternoon!
Check their website http://www.proline-sports.co.uk - they're nice people ;D

Offline downhillrunner

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • User's Text
    • hang gliding
Re: Proline braces
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2002, 03:05:26 PM »
Always good to find good service.

Have tried various knee braces / supports over the years with varying success.
I know find, despite some benifit, that they irritate / cause pain in my knee cap no matter how big the hole over the cap is... :-/

Offline Netty

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • G'day from Down Under.
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2002, 06:25:35 PM »
Ive tried those braces with the hole for the knee cap in and I found them way to hot with all the neoprene. Ive recently got a Donjoy 4titude brace and its great. My leg can breathe and it gives great support. You could look at the Donjoy and the Breg sites too. At your home page just type in either and you should find the sites. They are both .com's
Broke the cruciate and damaged the medial and lateral ligs playing softball.Hammy ACl recon Feb 2000(failed).Hammy ACL recon Aug 01(failed).Medial repair and Lateral loop Dec 01(failed).Still unstable

Offline Heavy_Harry

• Regular Poster
  • When I stuff a knee up, I sometimes stuff it good
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2005, 09:35:25 AM »
Hello

I have had a professional sports brace......As I too was allegic to the material they used on the other braces on the market. I eventually had to go for the C180 that "Inovations sports" had in their stock. After going thru the normal breaking in period I am now able to wear the brace without having those bouts of madening itching from wearing it all day! As it is a dream come true as I have vritually scratched the skin off my leg after removing the other braces[the ones with material sleeve] for years. I now have scabs and scars all over my leg and knee  from pervious itching/scratching marks after wearing it.A vicous pattern that put scars all over my left leg.

Took a week an a bit to arrive after the order was made, but it was worth waiting for it. Now after few weeks of putting up with a few blisters and pressure sores , it all has healed and now I can wear it without itching.....A couple in prints here and there.But at least the constant itching I used to get is gone for now!!!  ;D The best brace I had so far! :)

The brace center where I get my braces, has made a day to check the brace make sure it working properly as a week before the cover of the hinge fell off! I rang em and told em what happened to my brace They got me to seem em promptly and repaired it, they even made another review visit  to make sure any teething problems in my brace has been rectified.....[so they should, I paid over 500 doller for it!} As for the brace it had a year's warranty.....it was only 1 wk old when the hinge fell off!

The service was very  good despite seeing what happened to my brace, As they  were very  suprised about the hinge falling apart so quick! I am abit of sport person always on the move.  The service at this  brace center was somthing that is very hard to  find out there in the globe.. I pity those people  are dealing with brace center who's suppliers and othotist there thinks of nothing then making $$$ more giving their customers qaulity service while helping people  selecting the right brace for their injuries. Or selling them a costly and when it didn't work to the patient's expectations and they return to get rectifed, Some suppliers do push patients away when the brace they gave them is faultyil!!!

I believe it that people should get what they pay for their brace, a quality product. This is the supplier reponsiblity......if it faulty then they should repalce it. No if's or buts......This often so because there's always a some brace suppliers  that are not so honest out there

Please note:  I am not saying that people who tamper with the brace fitting instead taking it to a professional or othoticist, at the brace suppliers where they got it from  should  get a new brace. As I agree with the companies rules in the product notes/ about the warrenty's conditons ie: if the owner/ people  tamper with the brace's fitting and wreaks it, the warrenty is void immediately!
« Last Edit: June 02, 2005, 10:10:09 AM by Heavy_Harry »