Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: First time Knee surgery  (Read 656 times)

Offline Muzikman

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
First time Knee surgery
« on: October 22, 2007, 11:16:27 PM »
I wil be having surgery on my knee in less than 2 weeks.  This is the first time that I have had anything like this done.  The most I have had done at the doctor was having blood taken.  Needless to say I am a little afraid about what is about to happen. I am 31 years old.  I am in pretty good shape, and I am wondering about
 :-[ Recovery time
  :'(And More Pressing Pain

Offline maryc

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 18
Re: First time Knee surgery
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2007, 12:44:26 AM »
First - welcome - recovery time depends on a lot of things, such as what are you having done?, what is your condition before hand.  the people on this board have probably had every knee/leg/ankle operation possible, so if you ask specific questions, you can get more definative answers.  One thing you need to know is that everyone's injury is different and everyone heals at different rates, so you can get general answers here, but no matter what you will get lots of support.
8/4/07 fell
8/5 diagnosed TPF
8/6 surgery plate and 6 screws
8/12 out of hospital NWM
8/21 staples removed
9/18 OS appt - WBAT with crutches
10/10 - WBAT with cane
10/27 - back to work w/cane
12/26 - no cane, slight limp when tired
1/25/08 - released from PT, no limp
2/3/09 - Released by OS

Offline kathat

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
  • Aussie, Aussie, Aussie
Re: First time Knee surgery
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2007, 01:18:03 AM »
Welcome! What are you having done? I won't say knee surgery is a piece of cake, but it was certainly not as bad as I feared. Recovery took longer than expected but I could see improvments on an almost daily basis, so I didn't worry too much. You are always welcome to come here and vent if ever you need - you'll find heaps of support. We've all done it and know what it's like to have "bad knee days", or just bad days. Best of luck for your surgery. Let us know what your having done and you'll probably get some more info - but just remember that everyone is different and you'll have your own story to tell before long!
Keep us posted,
Kathy

support