Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: ACI and HTO on 10/22/07-It's going to turn out great!!  (Read 37972 times)

Offline casey2291

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Re: ACI and HTO on 10/22/07-It's going to turn out great!!
« Reply #150 on: March 04, 2010, 04:54:15 PM »
2 years, 4 months post op:  I finally got up the nerve to run on my knee on the treadmill.  I finally felt like my knee was ready for it.  I am taking it easy, walking for a few minutes and running for a few minutes (at a slow pace).  My knee is doing great!  I have NO pain when running and I ran almost a mile yesterday.   I have just a little pain when I get off the treadmill, but I am able to walk it off within a few minutes.  I am so excited to be able to run again!  I'm not sure how far I will push it in regards to running because I have little lesions on my non-ACI knee that I want to be cautious about.  I must say that even at 2 years out I am still seeing improvements in my knee.  I now find myself running up and down stairs, skipping steps, without even giving a thought to the knee.  The knee is not perfect and I doubt that it will ever be perfect but I am willing to accept a little bit of pain here and there.  I had an incident a couple of months ago where I aggravated it but a little celebrex calmed it down and it has been great ever since.  The farther out I am from the operation, the happier I am that I went through with it.  I really doubted that I would continue to see improvements beyond 1 year, let alone 2 years but yet I'm still seeing improvements.  All the pain and hard work of rehab was worth it.
LOA #2 and hardware removal 12/15/08-new cartilage from ACI looks "GOOD"
LOA on left knee 3/18/07
ACI and HTO on left knee 10/22/07
scope of right knee on 6/21/07
microfracture left knee 3/18/05

Offline crankerchick

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 25
  • How 'bout them Cowboys!
    • Derotation osteotomy & TTT Post-op diary
Re: ACI and HTO on 10/22/07-It's going to turn out great!!
« Reply #151 on: March 04, 2010, 05:11:07 PM »
This is a very encouraging post! I'm glad things are still going well and thanks for coming back to post. Long term follow up is something that is sorely missed around here. It's so helpful to hear when people are so far out from surgery and still problem free and even better, still improving. Thanks for the post.
Mar '07 - plica excision
Oct '09 - femoral + tibial derotational osteotomy & TTT
Aug '10 - hardware removal
"You control your leg. Don't let it control you." -Smart trainer
"Get your a$$ in gear and go for it! Nothing will happen until you make it!" -Smart doctor