Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Starting to get nervous.............  (Read 777 times)

Offline eaglemom

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
Starting to get nervous.............
« on: October 17, 2007, 06:48:55 PM »
I've been running around like a crazy person because surgery is scheduled for a week from today.  Even decided to totally redo the kitchen!  I guess I'm nesting!  Then the hospital called for the pre-op appointment and it really hit me that I'm having surgery next week!  How silly is that?  I know it will be fine - except for the nervous part I'm feeling. 

I'm very comfortable with the medial menisus repair / trim - been there before on other knee.  What I am concerned about it a very large cyst on the lateral lower part of the leg.  It is totally around nerves and quite complex in how the surgeron will have to go about removing it - thus the concern.

Ok I feel better now!  Back to painting, what was I thinking!!!!

Offline maria1985

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
Re: Starting to get nervous.............
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2007, 08:13:09 PM »
hiya
i just wanted to wish you luck with the operation and i hope it goes well.
keep us posted.

maria.xx
chronic knee pain since 10 years old.
lateral release in 2000
goldwaithes in 2002
2 weeks intensive physio in 2005
nowhere near to finding the course of the problem.

trainwreck

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2007, 12:21:25 AM »
hang in there.  we are all scared and nervous before surgery if you weren't i would be worried about you.  i hope you have people to talk to.  i hope all goes well for you and you post us asap with the results.   i am sure you will be just fine.
good luck 
Allison

Offline kathat

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
  • Aussie, Aussie, Aussie
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2007, 12:32:01 AM »
Those nerves before surgery are awful!!! I felt physically ill when I had my surgery, and of course I was the last one on the list!!! Initially didn't think much of it all, as I worked right up until the night before surgery. Then it all hit me and I realised that I had lots to do in a short space of time, so I did the mad rushing around thing too. It's good to make use of all that nervous energy. It makes the time go quicker AND you get things done at the same time  :)

Best of luck for your surgery. Hope it all goes well. In the meantime, happy painting!

Cheers,
Kathy