Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: I have had an improvement!!  (Read 18461 times)

Offline Sore knee

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
Re: I have had an improvement!!
« Reply #60 on: October 26, 2007, 03:36:40 PM »
well it must have been a good night on holiday in that moonlight because this morning was a different story. Either that or its the Tramadol my GP prescribed and I took for the first time last night. When I tried to get up this morning to put my 6 year old to school I was punch drunk on it, couldn;t speak and was so tired. My other half had to do it all and I went back to sleep until 11.30 this morning which is unheard of in my real life.

Now back to virtual, the only hang over was from cocktails and by the way ladies I saw you two learning how to do the lambada with those Italian waiters. This morning you seemed to know way more than Ciao and Bella, I see you have been learning some Italian on the side  ;)

Aahhhh postcards ready to be written and sent home ladies.

So here goes..

Dear friends at Knee geeks

We are having an amazing time. Knees superlative, athletic and we have legs to die for ( did you like that ;D, have we ever been able to use such happy adjectives about our knees). Weather is amazing as is the talent... (take it you guys know what I mean by talent......the variety of handsome men available  ;)). No VPL, VBL in sight. In fact I have just watched Tanya enter the Miss Holiday contest and at present she is balancing on a beam over the swimming pool dancing enough to make my VMO jealous. Kathy is at the bar getting us all another cocktail.
Hope you can all join us soon. Got word from home that our real knees wish they were here too, but we couldn't afford to bring them, would spoil all the fun.

Lots of love and hugs
11/5/07 LR right knee and cartilage tidied up
6/8/07 Knee aspiration, steroid injection- more physio
22/8/07 Knee to be scoped for answers
16/5/08 Patella stabilisation for  subluxations
24/6/08 Infection -hospitalised for a week. Debridement surgery
21/11/08 Repeat patella stabilisation performed

trainwreck

« Reply #61 on: October 27, 2007, 06:00:25 AM »
oh my you fine fine ladies have me rolling on the floor.  please, please, may i go on vacation with you?  i promise  not to behave. 
Allison

Offline kathat

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
  • Aussie, Aussie, Aussie
« Reply #62 on: October 27, 2007, 07:07:03 AM »
Allison, welcome!!

The more the merrier - but we will hold you to that promise not to behave. Can't have good behaviour on virtual holiday. Oh, and leave your real knees and any cats at home!!

Man, Joanne, what dose of tramadol are you on?!! I've tried it before and it just makes me feel nauseous. One 50mg capsule is ok if it's the only dose I take for ages. If I have a second, with the first or within 6 hours of the first, I start feeling sick. If I need extra relief I take paracetamol with codeine (the OTC type) on top of the Tramadol and they go well together  ;D Most of the time I stick with OTC paracetamol with codeine tablets (Panadeine) and add ibuprofen with codeine (Nurofen Plus) tablets if I need something more. I really need to get something stronger for the odd occasion, and possibly try something for my nerve damage as the numb patch, small though it is, burns away constantly some days.

My behind the knee pain is back! I am really starting to worry that I have a loose body in the joint. The pain comes on with no warning and goes just as quick. The other pains I get sort of niggle a bit first, as I move around, and get stronger if I fail to rest.

Crikey, I sound like the walking wounded. I think it's time to return to the virtual world...

Mi parlo Italiano! Sort of.  ;D Those waiters had a lot to say!! And man can they dance the lambada - I have always wanted to learn but my hips could never get the gyrating quite right. Maybe because I never had a teacher as good as those waiters! I'll have to go find me a sexy, flirty short skirt to dance in tonight. Gotta do the lambada justice!!

Postcard time...

Dear Knee Geeks,
I highly recommend a virtual holiday to you all. My knees have coped so well with things they haven't done in years. The weather is just right - no harsh temperature changes here!! Perfect for all those weather sensitive knees out there. It's just fantastic having someone do my PT for me. All those extra SLRs I got my rehab girl to do have certainly paid off - and I got to party instead of doing exercises!!
Hope you're all keeping up your exercises!!
Big hugs all round,
Kathy

Offline Sore knee

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #63 on: October 27, 2007, 10:37:07 AM »
 ;D YAY ALison, welcome to Costa Kneenosora :)

GReat to have you here with us. Kathy your hips were looking fab last night, they were girating and certainly had soul last night. You outlasted many........you were running on duracell batteries I think :)

Wheres wee Tanya this morning...she slinked off for some fun on the beach...they were gonna do limbo dancing :)

Offline kathat

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Aussie, Aussie, Aussie
« Reply #64 on: October 27, 2007, 10:58:11 AM »
Whoo-hoo! Limbo dancing!! I haven't done that in years and years. I remember doing it under broomsticks at birthday parties when I was in primary school. We must arrange a competition sometime!

That's me - the Duracell bunny!! Costa Kneenosora gives me boundless energy  ;D

Where are you off to Allison? Looking hot in those strappy sandals...and I've never seen such a skimpy bikini. You'll get a great tan! Must introduce you to the Italian waiters - or have you met someone already? I noticed some of the beachgoers eyeing you off when you arrived. Wait till your rehab girl does your exercises. She'll lift twice as much weight on those SLRs and your knees will be toned and tanned in no time!  :D

You go back to sleep if you need Joanne. You must have had a late night  ;) It's so peaceful sitting by the pool in these comfy deckchairs. I could certainly do with just a touch more sleep.

Offline Sore knee

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #65 on: October 27, 2007, 04:10:23 PM »
Just had a voicemail from our rehabers, they have managed to up the weights on SLR and guess what, next week the braces will not be required. I actually think they are working up to ask of they can come here on holiday. However I took the liberty of saying until we never need to see an OS again then I'm afraid they need to stick to contract and rehab those VMOs until they look like a smaller version of sly's VMO. Toned, strong and ready to be Mrs Slyvmo :)

Aaahhhh another pina colada by the pool......oooohhhhhh new talent arriving girls, heads up :) VMOs out :)
Kathy want a magazine to read , I have some here ? Haven't seen Tanya today yet, did you hear she won limbo dancing, wow is she flexible or what. She had the lifeguards gazing after her after managing to bend so low....those legs are strong now :)

Alison ,need a drink ???? By the way did I see you dancing on stage last night with the band ????? I know they asked for everyone to get on their feet but you leapt like a gazelle up on stage and took them at their word, you go girl.

Ahhhhh might need more sun protection on, its getting quite hot  hmmmmmmm  :)

Offline Sore knee

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #66 on: October 27, 2007, 04:12:45 PM »
 :-X oh it was 100mg Tramadol I think, they warned me it could cause drowsiness but man I was spaced  :-\ zzzzzzzzz

Much prefer the idea of a hangover after a night of dancing :)

Offline *Margaret

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #67 on: October 27, 2007, 04:55:46 PM »
ok i am going to join in on the fun. what is planned for today, let me know
"ALWAYS LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE OF LIFE" ~SPAMALOT

Offline Sore knee

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #68 on: October 27, 2007, 07:40:32 PM »
Yay ;D another VHM....virtual holiday maker

and no VPL or VBL in sight :)

Left a note pinned to our chalet door

Were at the pool bar
Come join us there
xxx

Offline Sore knee

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #69 on: October 27, 2007, 07:48:39 PM »
Guys hurry hurry Tanya and her waiter have entered the talent show.....I hear them practising. Tanya has on a lovley little ....actually miniscule pair ow white shorts with her bikini top and they are singing.

Can you hear them ????

"Oh won;t you stay, just a little bit longer..........>"

I know that song.........I think we can all join in with a resounding yes we have moved in actually, did noone tell you ?????

Offline *Margaret

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #70 on: October 27, 2007, 08:11:14 PM »
yes i can hear them.

Offline kathat

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Aussie, Aussie, Aussie
« Reply #71 on: October 28, 2007, 12:55:37 AM »
Woo-hoo! You go Tanya!! I never knew you had it in you. You might win the grand prize at that rate - I know you are just hanging out for that boxful of bikinis!! You'll never have to wear the same pair twice!

Moving in? Wowee. It won't be a virtual holiday anymore - it'll be a virtual life! Goodness, I think Allison's eager to stay - look at her tearing across the beach with all those suitcases. She's quick to move her things from the hotel to the beachside chalet. And look at all the waiters - they've paused in what they're doing to watch her in motion!!

Hey Margaret - you can have this magazine if you like. I fancy trying some water-skiing. It's been a long time and I want to see if I still have the knack. You can join me if you'd rather not read - you too Joanne. I just need to make sure my bikini is tied up tight - don't wanna lose it!!!  ;D

Ciao

Offline *Margaret

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #72 on: October 28, 2007, 02:54:27 AM »
ofcourse i will go water sking with you only if you go parasailing with me

i think i am going to move into one of those beachside chalet too

Offline kathat

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Aussie, Aussie, Aussie
« Reply #73 on: October 28, 2007, 03:37:03 AM »
Parasailing!! Wow! Something I haven't done before. Well I'm always game for something new, so count me in.

Wonder where the others have disappeared to.  ???

Offline *Margaret

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #74 on: October 28, 2007, 03:49:36 AM »
i do not know, but i love going parasailng.. so much fun.... it is so quiet up there.

maybe they are sleeping but we can not do that!

support