Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: I have had an improvement!!  (Read 18468 times)

Offline tanyap

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
Re: I have had an improvement!!
« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2007, 02:06:18 PM »
oh i cant wait!!! can we have our hammocks delivered to us at the poolsides and be carried from there to the restaurant in the evenings too?
in fact - can we just have loads of handsome poolside waiters bringing us things ALL the time???
will the handsome guys be able to get us some heavier drugs for the evenings???
will we be able to pay someone else to do our physiotherapy exercises???? and we can just watch and imagine how hard it feels??
yes to all the above???? where do i check in!!!!

hurry up......i need you guys to bookend me!!!!
xx
Tanya
1986 - recurrent dislocations of right patella began
1988 - Modified Hauser Procedure
1991 - dislocations started again
2005 to 2007 - 150 dislocations in 2 years - OUCH!!!
June 2007 - new OS, new physio
Oct 2007 - VMO woke up
Mar 2008 - big quads, still dislocating
Apr 2008 - next OS app

Offline Sore knee

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2007, 08:53:13 PM »
 ;D Got my case here and all ready my bookend pal :) I have checked and ensured that all waiters are handsome and also alls et to do PT on our behalf, oh this just gets better and better Tanya  8) 8) 8)

Aaahhhhh, hammocks, cocktails, sun, no sore knees....can you just imagine  :)
11/5/07 LR right knee and cartilage tidied up
6/8/07 Knee aspiration, steroid injection- more physio
22/8/07 Knee to be scoped for answers
16/5/08 Patella stabilisation for  subluxations
24/6/08 Infection -hospitalised for a week. Debridement surgery
21/11/08 Repeat patella stabilisation performed

Offline kathat

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
  • Aussie, Aussie, Aussie
« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2007, 11:51:03 PM »
COUNT ME IN!!!!! If I get someone to do my SLRs for me then I'm happy as a pig in mud. I can just watch and admire how my replacements muscles flex with the 2kg weights he has to lift, instead of wondering where my muscle has gone AWOL to. Just have to get the three way bookend happening. Kitty is definitely not coming on this vacation!!  ;D

8) Kathy  8)

Gimme this sort of rehab anytime!!

Offline tanyap

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2007, 10:01:10 AM »
Ladies,
welcome to day 1 of our virtual holiday - i so enjoyed the lovely breakfast that was served to us this morning by the seriously handsome waiter at the pool.
Can you believe the heat in the sun from such an early hour? And the muscular guys to rub the sun cream on??? Its fantastic - all that heat is helping my knee......

ah...theres my replacement PT person - wow - lookit her go with those SLRs - GO GO VMO!!!! she's a great girl!!!

ooohh....she just told me Ive had another small improvement, I dont have to fight to engage my VMO coming up out of a squat anymore!!! wow - I love my virtual PT lady!!!

so....im thinking we chill here by the pool for the day, theyve got some dancers and other entertainment for us to watch round lunchtime if we like...what? no no no, we dont have to move, the dancers will dance up to us!!!

nice bikini Kathy - and Joanne where did you get those sunglasses??????

cheers girls!

Oct 2007 - VMO woke up
Apr 2008 - next OS app

Offline Sore knee

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #49 on: October 25, 2007, 10:36:02 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Better and better.

You know I think my legs are looking toned, these replacement rehab girls are doing a great job. Tanya I see one of those gorgeous waiters has their eye on you  ;)....you lucky girl !!!

My sunglasses hide the eyes from that wild night out we were able to have last night. Now that we can wear high heeled shoes and dance the night away carefree with no wonky knees. Today we can just kick it and chill all day 8)

Kathy, you are looking very chilled out today. I am lovin this virtual holiday. Pity we can't bring our virtual knees back with us :)

Offline kathat

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Aussie, Aussie, Aussie
« Reply #50 on: October 25, 2007, 10:47:12 AM »
What a cruisy holiday!! I am finally getting a tan on these lilly white legs (no sunburn dare appear on THIS holiday!!) and those hollows are filling out nicely thanks to the endless effort put in by my PT pal. I can at last wear shorts and skirts (and bikinis!!) with pride!!

Loving the warmth - it's just right, not too hot, not too cold. I've had the masseuse working overtime so I feel nice and relaxed. So nice not to have to move. All the entertainment we want is right here!!

Girls, I must say that this is THE best rehab facility in the world! I would recommend it to anyone! So nice to have our consultant here with us too. No more booking in and waiting weeks. We can just ask away! And what a prescription this is!! Works wonders. A magic cure!! FANTASTIC  :D

Bottoms up girls!

Offline tanyap

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #51 on: October 25, 2007, 10:59:12 AM »
joanne - youre legs ARE looking very toned!!! your rehab girl is great!! she's been giving great encouragement to my one too. hehehehe - I see my waiter has brought his friend along who is giving you the eye!!! they are such handsome fellas!! lovely proportions!!
i told you last night - its all that tequila is giving you the redeye!!! hang on - ill give a shout for the hair of the dog for you!

Kathy - how are you getting such an even tan??? and so quickly!! I want to borrow your tiny black shorts one of the nights - theyd look great with my high heeled silver sandals!
Im impressed with your swimming too - I noticed a lot of people admiring your form in the pool, youre like one of those water ballet girls!!

I see they have a dancing competion in the hotel ballroom later in the week - we should sooo enter, we'll be able to dance rings around all the ordinary people here with our toned legs!!!

hmmmmmmm......time for a snooze, feel free to read those magazines, im done with them for now.........
zzzz..........zzzzzzzzz........zzzzzzzzz.......zzzzz.....

Oct 2007 - VMO woke up
Apr 2008 - next OS app

Offline Sore knee

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #52 on: October 25, 2007, 12:51:13 PM »
I can't help but read and giggle each time. This is therapy in itself :)

Tanya, you will be doing your own version of Dirty Dancing tonight, having the time of your life  ;)

I must say Charlie's angels eat your heart out, we have this thing nailed  ;D

Yup, what could I prescribe next...hmmmm tonight we have a BBQ on the beach to watch sunset. All cooking done for us, a lovely marquee set up with rugs and pillows to chill out and our waiters will have all the drinks and food lined up.

This virtual life is sounding way better than my day here, if I could fit my wonky leg through this screen I'd be tempted to climb in if only it was possible.

(Isn;t it funny that we are getting so thrilled with a good VMO............ folk that didnt know  about knees would wonder what on earth we are talking about. They are probably going I've heard of VPL but what is VMO oh God have I got it, must find a mirror to check my butt )

Offline tanyap

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #53 on: October 25, 2007, 01:50:57 PM »
you definitely dont have a VPL - Im surprised youre wearing any under those skimpy shorts!!

and here in our virtual holiday destination we all have giant VMOs - I watched Rocky recently and I was fascinated with Stallones VMOs :) (and the rest of him but if you ever want to see what a VMO is shaped like - watch Rocky)

Im lovin the virtual life, my rehab girl just done my midday exercises, wow - it looked like hard work!!

Im all on for the Dirty Dancing - will we be getting Patrick Swayze lookalikes though??? You know he has had a lot of knee surgeries too - so he'd understand how we all feel!!

Oh Im looking forward to the BBQ tonight, we should bring the rehab girls and make sure they eat plenty of protein so our muscles have fuel to build up!!

Isnt it a lovely theraputic life here? I heard theres a boat trip later in the week too......cant wait.

I heard from the real world that Id have a sore knee this afternoon if I was in my real life....so glad im not :)

Oct 2007 - VMO woke up
Apr 2008 - next OS app

Offline tanyap

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #54 on: October 25, 2007, 07:10:32 PM »
JOANNE!!!! YOURE REAL!!!!

I got your postcard - you were so sweet to think of me - thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It really made you a real person - as opposed to a virtual internet pal :)

Please PM me your address, I want to make myself real to you too!!!

You PM yours too Kathy - its fantastic to get something in the post from a virtual friend!!
Oct 2007 - VMO woke up
Apr 2008 - next OS app

Offline kathat

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Aussie, Aussie, Aussie
« Reply #55 on: October 25, 2007, 11:57:05 PM »
Hey, what about VBL?? I now have to worry about the line of my braces showing through my pants!! The patellar hole in the neoprene just adds to that ultra-sexy look  8) NOT!!!

I'll have to make a note to check out Sly's VMOs next time I catch him on the screen - I am curious to see what my legs are missing - besides the sun!

Dunno about Patrick Swayze. He was gorgeous but did you see Dirty Dancing 2? He looks really old and worn out (bit like my knees really). He didn't seem to keep his looks like Richard Gere, Sean Connery or Harrison Ford. Actually, Richard Gere can dance, maybe I'll just borrow him for a dance partner for the evening.  ;D

Got a postcard from my real life knees - they're not having a good time and they're so envious of my virtual knees.

A boat trip sounds great! Maybe we can do some fishing and catch those virtual fish that fillet themselves - fish is very high in protein, and great on the BBQ! Not having to pick scales off the kitchen surfaces for weeks would make it extra special (hubby hasn't quite learnt that the kitchen is NOT the place to clean and scale fish!).

News from the real world - bought myself a walking stick. Now I just have to get used to using it when I need to. The kids love it but it made my other half feel old - he turns 40 in a few weeks and is really dreading it.

The OA ache has settled back in my knees, now I am back to normal activity (work, housework, kids stuff). All the LRs have done is reduce the pressure from my patellae and hopefully slow progression of the OA. I haven't felt much benefit really, though my knees don't grate quite so loudly - doesn't change my restrictions at all.

Don't know if this is common to anyone else but I have noticed that since I have stopped squatting, and all other similar loaded activities, my knees now have no control whatsoever when I have to go down a step or such. They get to where I do mini squats to and then it's a matter of letting go and hoping for the best. It's a situation in which I have lots of my buckling episodes. I try to avoid steps but some are unavoidable. I actually tried a PWB squat by holding on to something, but it felt really wrong and very uncomfortable. Don't quite know how to sort this one out. Must ask my PT. He says I need to be able to kneel, but I don't know how I am supposed to get down and up to do it.

Will PM soon. Kids have something called "school" that has weird expectations - they actually have to be there at a set time each week morning. Very inconvenient!!!

Offline tanyap

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #56 on: October 26, 2007, 09:26:57 AM »
school????? thats asking a lot to want to be there at the same time every day isnt it!!!!

oh kathy - I embrace my 'holey knee' look - if people are nice I let them stick their fingers in the hole and feel my squashy extra bunched up flesh there.

I cant recommend Slys VMOs highly enough - I was thinking of writing to him and seeing would he lend them to me.
Ill take Patrick Swayze anytime - but only younger Swayze - he has started to look feline with plastic surgery - but when he dances he looks like poerty in motion. Love him in To Wong Foo - Thanks for Everything Julie Newmar - such a handsome woman!!
Im sorry kathy - we'll both have to agree to step back and give Sean Connery to Joanne - lets the Scots stick together. You can have Richard Gere - Ill go with Indiana Jones :)

Embrace your walking stick!!!! You can also use it to swat people on the behind if they are misbehaving. You can turn into a sort of garrulous old woman type grumbling and waving your stick about :) I hope its helpful to you and your knees.

Do you take anything for the OA? Supplements or anything like that?
Lets hope the LRs will slow its progression.

Definitelt ask your PT about the buckling/squatting situation - there may be other exercises that will strengthen the relevant muscles without doing any damage. I always let myself just fall down steps too - although technically I should be able to not fall now as Ive improved my step downs, but its different doing your exercises in a controlled environment and then actually facing a set of steps with other people using them too in real life.

I was sore sore sore yesterday, used the anti-inflamatory cream in the evening - it helps. However Im much more stable and less sore in the mornings!!! It all comes on over the course of the day with the PT wearing my knees out.
But I must be getting somewhere - I actually feel quite normal for a few minutes in the mornings!

Now - back to the holiday - mmmmmm......more mint juleps by the pool.....that fish was yummy last night Kathy - and check out our rehab girls - sooo toned and fit looking - my virtual legs look so good. Its amazing that theyre so smooth and waxed looking too :)

Cmon ladies - lets go for a swim to wash away the cobwebs this morning. Kathy stop hitting that man with your stick - oh sorry, came back to real life for a minute there!!

Joanne - how are you doing?
xx
Tanya

Oct 2007 - VMO woke up
Apr 2008 - next OS app

Offline kathat

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Aussie, Aussie, Aussie
« Reply #57 on: October 26, 2007, 10:57:15 AM »
Waxed legs...hmm...it reminds me of something I thought of lately - now that it's extra hard to get to my legs to shave/wax, I have more people than ever looking at them!!

Haven't gone down the supplement path yet. They are all so expensive. Have contemplated it lately though. If I can find a decent brand that isn't too pricey then I'll try it for a while - I think 3 months is the recommended trial period.

The pain behind my right knee is back today. Ouch. Needed the walking stick for sure - thankfully I had it at the time. Great to hear you are having some moments of normality Tanya. Makes everything worthwhile I bet - all that PT etc. Okay, back to our rehab...

Mmmm. the water is so warm this morning. Just right to ease that early morning stiffness (just as well we're girls, or that could be taken very badly!!). The dancing was wonderful. Nice to have a dance partner who doesn't step on my toes. I wonder if Joanne has found some people who want her advice? She seems to have gone AWOL. So hard when you provide such great care - you are always in demand.

Must order ourselves some more cocktails (complete with little umbrellas) - the next round is on me!

Kathy

Offline tanyap

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #58 on: October 26, 2007, 10:59:21 AM »
ssssshhhh...joannes off with a handsome waiter, i saw them dance off into the moonlight last night :)
Oct 2007 - VMO woke up
Apr 2008 - next OS app

Offline kathat

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Aussie, Aussie, Aussie
« Reply #59 on: October 26, 2007, 11:12:47 AM »
Just sent you both a PM. Hope I did it right.

Hope Joanne's rehab girl has been working extra hard recently - she'll need the muscle to cope with dancing off into the moonlight. I am just happy to be soaking up the ambience. How relaxing.

support